why so many bears

Discussion in 'Trading' started by permabull, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Permawoody....youre fucking kidding me right?! Are you lundy, btw? Do you live out of a cardboard box? If a broker says its the bottom, then its defintely not, this is a message to all to go short. I respect brokers a tiny bit more than those Mexican kids in Cancun who try to sell you all kinds of crap...but just because I can understand what they are saying.

Besides, who cares....top, bottom, all sounds good to me. All I want are the 3 Vs....Volatility, Volume and Va.....

#11     Aug 5, 2002
  2. Permabull

I do not understand why so many people want to catch the bottom. If and when the bull market starts, its going to go up for quite awhile so what is the hurry about getting in? Look at a daily, weekly or monthly chart and tell me what you see that would cause anyone to buy here because I dont see it.

#12     Aug 5, 2002
  3. Atlantic

Atlantic

today the sun is shining - i guess it's time to buy.

#13     Aug 5, 2002
  4. Brokers are called brokers because they make you broker. I hope your broker doesn't tell you to jump off a cliff, otherwise your life might be in as much danger as your money is.

Runningbear

#14     Aug 5, 2002
  5. Turlo

Turlo

Let me know when you place a trade so I can take the other side of it.....................

#15     Aug 5, 2002
  6. "Little" retracement. That's a good one!

#16     Aug 5, 2002
  7. ddefina

ddefina

FYI, retail brokers don't deal with smart money! Does he charge you more than $10 per trade? If he does, think about the "smart money" idea. :)

#17     Aug 5, 2002
  8. Publias

Publias Guest

Over 80% of my plays last month were short BUT rest assured I am NOT bearish... SHE IS

PEACE and good trading to all bulls, bears, and traders...
    Publias

#18     Aug 5, 2002
  9. You dating my girl Gina?????? :D

#19     Aug 5, 2002

10. I can't imagine why:

Accounting Scandals (which may be just the tip of the iceberg)

P/E ratios still in the 20's ( the highest market bottom in history was at 12.5 times earnings)

The Dow has lost 2000 points in 2.5 months (tell me when that's happened before).

It looks like we're heading for a double dip recession.

Terrorist threats / Israeli conflict.

Housing prices that are out of site.

Massive government spending in the last year.

Consumer confidence and spending in the toilet.

And most of all; everyone and their brother calling market bottoms for 2 years (yea, I think this time they've finally got it right.......or maybe not)

Wow, who wouldn't want to buy into all that.

#20     Aug 5, 2002