Why should the health care industry be a for profit institution?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Oh so now profits are okay as long as their reasonable.

Wow now we are getting some where.
    I keep trying to get you to define your definition of reasonable profit.

So lets hear how it's to be determined?

#41     Mar 16, 2010
  2. Do you have any concept of obscene profits?

Have you ever heard of gouging?

Have you ever heard of windfall profits?

Have you ever heard of Enron?

Do you have a clue what the word reasonable means?

#42     Mar 16, 2010

3. Yes this is a discussion on how you want to eliminate profits in health care. However I'm asking you why you seem to think your mode of income should be exempt?

#43     Mar 16, 2010
  4. Let me explain this to both of you. The gouging in the health care industry profits is due to the fact that there is no accountability
    for overpaying for expenses since that accountability is passed along at every step until it dead ends into premium payers who
    are the golden goose who is effectively muffled as to their pay or die options. Those that participate in as captive a market as that
    are simply parasites. Begrudge making a profit? Shut up.

#44     Mar 16, 2010
  5. I see no reason for profits in health care for corporations, no.

Why would someone go into health care anyway?

Why would they care about the health of human beings? Why would they want to help them, cure them, attend to their illness?

To make money?

Do you know how wrong that actually is? Do you?

#45     Mar 16, 2010
  6. Well then you must be satisfied since I don't work for or own a corporation.

#46     Mar 16, 2010
  7. Its got nothing to do with being a corp. or not, its about the markup.

#47     Mar 16, 2010
  8. Then what is your problem?

You are still likely a greedy bastard who doesn't actually care if your business is health care or selling life insurance or scamming investors.

If the bottom line is money, the type of activity engaged in is always secondary to the primary motive...which is money.

The problem with health care today is that money is the prime motivator of those running the health care industry...not healing those who are sick.

#48     Mar 16, 2010
  9. Let me add, theres nothing wrong with making money but sell tires or charge admission to a concert or thousands of other things not someone's life on their death bed.

#49     Mar 16, 2010
  10. Good question , if sanctimonious assholes like you succeed in eliminating profits.

Good luck being treated by unpaid volunteers and independently wealthy licensed hobbyists (who didn't make their money in health care) . :D

#50     Mar 16, 2010