Why should the health care industry be a for profit institution?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Singapore has approximately 100,000 people and the land mass of less than New Hampshire. Very hard to make that comparison.

#11     Mar 15, 2010

2. "Singapore's demographics describe a population of 4.48 million, as estimated by the last census in 2005 and is the second most densely populated independent country in the world.":confused: :confused: :confused:

#12     Mar 15, 2010
  3. Ok... when the USA goes from 300 million to 4.48 million you let me know? yes?

#13     Mar 15, 2010
  4. Here's all you need to know... Health Care will pass and the republicans will vomit and a matter of course because they care not about their constituent. But they do care about Lobbying money. Who is Jack Abramoff?

#14     Mar 15, 2010
  5. I'm a sole proprietor working in the health care industry.

So according to you that's fine as long as I don't incorporate?

#15     Mar 15, 2010
  6. What the market will bear, right? You wanna live, you gotta pay.
    :p

#16     Mar 15, 2010
  7. You think the best caregivers go into medicine for the money?

Sheesh...

You must also think hookers give the best blow jobs as well...

:D :D :D

#17     Mar 15, 2010
  8. you know you should really get yourself a passport and travel outside the usa for a holiday, there's an entire world out there you know.

#18     Mar 15, 2010
  9. People who go into human service industries for money are prostitutes...

...err, that would be a scumbag health care provider in it for the money. The primary motive being profit puts the care of the patient secondary...which is not at all what the ideal of medicine are.

The decisions made in business are quite often in direct opposition to the Hippocratic oath...

Have you ever read the Hippocratic oath?

To protect and serve is the underlying ideal for the police force...their motto should be "To make a profit?"

#19     Mar 15, 2010
  10. One thing you forgot...republicans complained about government health care will take advantage of government health care in droves, even if they can still afford private health care.

#20     Mar 15, 2010