Why should an oil company have a cap on liability?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Are you practicing to look like an idiot?

I would say you don't need any more practice...time for you to go pro...

#11     Jun 3, 2010
  2. What an ignorant question... do you have any concept of the difference between civil and criminal law?

BP is in no way exempt or capped... the law you're thinking about is concerning "Economic Damages".

BP's civil and criminal liability will be determined by the courts and is very much *unlimited*.

#12     Jun 3, 2010
  3. Okay, then we cap profit and taxpayers keep the difference since afterall in the beginning whose oil has it always been?

#13     Jun 3, 2010
  4. Tax payers or the government?

#14     Jun 3, 2010
  5. That's the law so it doesn't matter whether or not you like it.

#15     Jun 3, 2010
  6. I must have uttered the word that kicks in the post hypnotic suggestion that causes you to recite the "Big Government" spell you've been put under by Beck.

------->The Treasury ...okay.

What do think, that politicians are siphoning money from the treasury like Ferdinand Marcos or Pinochet? Yea, there are rich politicians but it has little to do with their politics. Then take a look at the treasuries of corporate then ask yourself ...where does all the money come to rest? Thats your crooks.

#16     Jun 3, 2010
  7. As expected, when presented with fact, z10 dissapears.

Back to the bottle of listerine I guess.

#17     Jun 3, 2010
  8. Why have a cap on economic damages?

No good reason.

Just because BP is also liable in civil and criminal cases, is no reason to exclude or cap economic damages.

BP should be held accountable for any and all damages...

If they can't afford the risk...then don't go after the reward.

Maybe, just maybe if they feared mistakes and accidents...they wouldn't happen, as BP would take necessary steps to avoid them...

#18     Jun 3, 2010
  9. I guess you are not paying attention...

#19     Jun 3, 2010
  10. Who is Beck?

#20     Jun 4, 2010