Why scalping beats any other trading style

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by yoohoo, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ok thanks

#221     Oct 24, 2008
  2. You can certainly scalp efficiently off one time frame but since the volatility these days/weeks is so monstrous it pays serious money to stick to the winners for an extended amount of time. For this you must be aware of confluential areas not witnessed intraday but you could easily mark them in your chart before the market open the gates so you can be prepared and act accordingly if and when the time comes.

TV

#222     Oct 24, 2008
  3. You can't outperform a hot scalper...

but you can and will over time. Try compounding on event he most liquid markets with large size.

#223     Jan 2, 2009
  4. trendo

trendo

So you're saying he can't, but he can. I understand, but I don't understand.

#224     Jan 2, 2009
  5. YTEurope

YTEurope

You got it(one thing i havent found in this are Linear regression channels wich are useful combined with pivots),, i got pretty much the same setup
    333 tick, 5m,15m,60m, the vix and tick, awesome, stochs, RMI.making entries with the awesome according to the trend on wider timeframes

#225     Jan 28, 2009
  6. Scalpers are the cheapest traders on earth.

Every time I begin to resent their silly craft and their "ticks" I realize they provide liquidity that we all seek.

So I'm thankful for scalpers.

But there is NO WAY they are more profitable than smart directional traders.

When I trade ES I'm looking for 10-30 points on a swing.

I buy support & sell resistance (Classic - no fibo, stoch, MACD or other bullshit).

Today's high in ES will likely either be 865 or 875 followed by a 20-point drop from there.

I'm the guy who sells near the top risking 2-3 points; hitting some, missing others.

Sorry if this post comes off as arrogant but I greatly dispute that SCALPING is the most profitable method of trading.

Picking short-term tops & bottoms is GOLDEN. Those with 10,000+ hours live trading & making money know what I'm talking about if they watch 60-minute charts & view these beautiful reversals.

Good luck to ALL of you today!

#226     Jan 28, 2009

7. The first line was a quote.

#227     Jan 28, 2009
  8. YTEurope

YTEurope

if you trade directional you can catch the daily range, if you scalp and you master a profitable technique you could make over 100pin a single trading day on futures, i dont know if it is the most profitable way if you master it, all i know is you need a broker wich is cheap on commision :)

#228     Jan 28, 2009