Why RIMM and AAPL are long term shorts

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by detective, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Meanwhile please expect to get your ass handed down to you.
    Do you enjoy pain and suffering and account lock ups ?

#21     Oct 7, 2007
  2. There will be always some insane idiots prancing around naked calling attention to get raped in the market. He doesn't care how badly he gets raped.

#22     Oct 7, 2007
  3. pinabetal

pinabetal

Both are up today.

#23     Oct 8, 2007
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Remember when no one wanted AAPL, believe it was trading around 12 bucks a share.

:p :p :p :p

#24     Oct 8, 2007
  5. No wonder most traders lose money, the group think in the trading community is like a virus.

#25     Oct 8, 2007
  6. Hey detective...you might as well go stand in front of a train saying "please god help me, this train has got to slow down sooner or later! " Shorting winning companies like these is the same thing.
    It's like getting into the ring with Mike Tyson when he was at his prime and praying..."please God let me win Mike's gotta lose the fight sooner or later."

Your criticisms of these companies is like saying..."I'm much smarter than the people running them therefore I'm going short!"

Don't you realize they have alot more to lose than you, if they do not produce. Don't you realize while you & I are sleeping these guys are coming up with their next big win! Don't you realize that these guys are going to continue winning until they get complacent and stop fighting! Don't U realize that right now as you are criticizing their products/business plan...they're near finalizing their latest product releases and they are having focused meatings about the next product/service or whatever for the next 1-5-10 years. It's not their past products that will continue to make them successfull it's their creativity/innovation for the future and it is already in the works just like intel is working on 8 & 16 core chips.

Don't bet against a winner because you will get clobbered.
    These guys are creative geniuses and that is what you are betting against if you short them.

With all due respect, your critcizms are correct but only in your own mind! They never erected a statue in memory of a critic.

These people will be long remembered and your critcisms will not!

y

#26     Oct 8, 2007
  7. OK turn that around. How much do you think RIMM is actually worth? 150? 175? If it hits 175 is it worth 300? If it hits 300 is it worth 2000? Where would you sack up and go short? Never? PE of 200? P/S of 60?

The problem with the mentality on display around here, and apparently the mentality of the market right now, is that the more expensive something is, clearly the more it is worth. If you buy something because everyone else is buying it, when do you stop? If you have no actual opinions other than what the market is telling you, how do you know when to get out?

There is no thesis behind these companies at these prices, other than a parabolic chart. Consumer discretionary is hurting, but Apple is parabolic. Retail is getting raped, but Amazon keeps making new highs. Business spending is retreating but RIMM is shooting the moon. Where are the fundamentals?

I have no problem shorting Cramer's 4 horsemen at these prices, for the long term. If you've got the cash to back it up and the balls to sit out the ride, you will be made right in the end. This is a blow off rally where more and more money is chasing fewer and fewer names. It will end the way it always ends.

Martin

#27     Oct 8, 2007
  8. Wow that's Scary! "If you've got the cash to back it up and the balls to sit out the ride!"

Wouldn't it be smarter to use that cash to actually make money somewhere else rather than wait it out all the while it keeps going higher and against you. How do you know for sure that it will even come down to your entry price...it could double on you for gods sake. Who cares what you & I think trade what you see not what you hope for or think.

Read Market Wizards....go with the winners not againstl them.
    My guess is if you have the cash now...the rest of us will take it away from you soon. Sorry!

#28     Oct 8, 2007
  9. bluud

bluud

just buy :eek:

#29     Oct 8, 2007
  10. Because everyone's got an edge. Trend trading may be your edge, but it's not mine. My edge is being smarter and more patient than momo traders.

If you're lucky you might take my money today and tomorrow and the next day. That's OK, because I don't need luck to get my money back somewhere down the road.

To each his own. I'll sell you all the RIMM and AAPL you want. We'll see who ends up with whose money! :)

Martin

#30     Oct 8, 2007