Why Reported Inflation Seems Different Than Reality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Mav88

Mav88

holy crap, we got action

fiscal cliff is here, parachutes on..

#41     Dec 20, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Therefore inflation is a non-issue. Thank you for coming around.

#42     Dec 20, 2012
  3. Mav88

Mav88

surely you're kidding, that's your proof?

you're hopeless

#43     Dec 20, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

You acknowledged the proof. Compensation inflation (for some, in light of the fact you later qualified with, "for most") is greater than cost of living inflation.

#44     Dec 20, 2012
  5. Mav88

Mav88

do you understand that most people don't get compensated from inflation adjusted sources? that short term debt then become a liability that many, including gov'ts, suddenly can't afford, that producers can only pass on so much cost..

there are reasons that too much inflation is a problem

#45     Dec 20, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

I do, I'm one of them. Yet my compensation is growing faster than the cost of living. I'm not alone in that.

#46     Dec 20, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You've tried this chart before, and I responded to it here to show you the issues with it, and you never replied to the challenge. So you post it again with an updated version and think that changes things?

It was in the thread where you claimed atticus schooled me on something, yet never produced where that happened (other than your imagination).

Top wages are indeed gaining over inflation. Your so called "rentier class". Everyone else is SOL.

#47     Dec 20, 2012
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You are absolutely correct, they will fudge inflation as best they can. They're trying it now with "Chained CPI". It's in their best interest to do that, and to keep interest rates as low as possible so debt can be issued freely.

QE most certainly matters.

#48     Dec 20, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

No they're not

This was pointed out before in here.

#49     Dec 20, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

No, they aren't. And even if they were, they would have been adjusted in CPI that has been manipulated to be a lot lower, for reasons discussed in the OP of this thread.

#50     Dec 20, 2012