Why raise rates when deflation still present? May PPI -0.3%

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Kassz007, Jun 16, 2010.

1. They'll have to create the appearance that they know how to deal with a crisis situation when the Dow Jones gets back below 9000, 8000, 7000 et al. :eek:

#11     Jun 16, 2010
  2. Crystal ball predictions have no relevance.

#12     Jun 16, 2010
  3. kashirin

kashirin

you're even more stupid than I thought

why not to check gas prices every day and on days when gas prices are down scream deflation! ?

MoM headline PPI is not relevant at all because of energy volatility

If you can read you can see all deflation was because of oil was down 20% in April May

Core inflation still up 0.2%

With oil up 15% during previous 10 days you can fully expect headline inflation will be at least 0.5% next month
    and above 6% YoY

#13     Jun 16, 2010
  4. Is energy not an expense? You can't disclude energy just because it doesn't support your thesis. Volatile or not, energy prices have an impact on ALL prices in the economy. The price of energy is EXTREMELY important.

Instead of pretending you can predict the future, why don't we wait until May's PPI numbers come out before pulling random numbers out of your ass?

I am only concerned with the facts, right now, as I see them. And the facts do not support inflation.

Please stick to the chit-chat forum where you belong.

#14     Jun 16, 2010
  5. Bob111

Bob111

you don't have to go that far(btw-medical care? jfc-it's like 30% up from last year)..milk prices,gas prices..damn..bread prices..milk at wawa went from 1.75 to 1.99 for half a gallon in last 2 months.

#15     Jun 16, 2010