why QT or Sierra?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tentenequals20, Feb 2, 2007.

1. No problem.

Its all part of seeking the holy grail (less uncertainty).

We start by testing every indicator in creation (we may repeat loops a few times). We try fibs, cycles, super mas, etc etc. All in search of a "buy here sell there" that gives us calm, certainty and profitability.

Finally we realise that we need to look at the market with as little filtering it from us as possible. So we look at price and maybe volume (where it works) and start seeking an understanding of why people might be buying here and selling there. Market Profile can be part of that, forms of support and resistance and price behaviour at them almost certainly will be. So, finally, stripped of certainty, accepting our losses, we might just achieve the holy grail :)

Note that I like a couple of mas because I like to find out where people are looking to buy/sell the pullback. I also have a cci on one chart because in a specific circumstance it makes it easier for me to see that momentum is running out and an exit might be advisable.

#11     Feb 3, 2007
  2. great response and analysis, Kiwitrader!
    your trading experince shows in your respose, eventhough I dont fully grasp the "feeling"behind the cycle.

thanks for taking the time

#12     Feb 3, 2007
  3. JB3

JB3

How much is SC per month anyways? I can't seem to find it on their website. So if you use the IB feed, can you replay the time and sales as well along with the tick replay?

#13     Mar 29, 2007
  4. http://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?file=LearnLevels.php

12 month contract (price per month):

level 3 13.78 per month (most common used by ib customers)
    level 4 20.04 (fully featured )
    level 5 32.57 (l4 + includes all the market profile stuff)

The time and sales is not currently stored when you turn sc off so no you can't once you lose the impermanent storage. Its on the todo list though but I think it might be a few months off still.

#14     Mar 29, 2007
  5. Does SC also has the backfill function from DTN market as Ensign provides for free now? IB's historical refill is too short.

#15     Mar 29, 2007
  6. rover

rover

i use Sierra with the TransAct feed . very satisfied with it. good speed, stability and u cant beat the price

#16     Mar 29, 2007
  7. SC does have alternative refill options.

#17     Mar 30, 2007