Why PYTHON?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by nononsense, Jul 1, 2005.

1. These are nice packages - I use them. I also use Matlab - although not so much anymore - and Mathematica.

Engineers are usually trained these days to use Matlab. Some Scientists are trained to use Mathematica and Maple as well as other pakcages available through national labs and many of which are now open sourced - BLAS etc.

Our goal is to use open source when we can - which is most of the time. Some things are just better done in Mathematica or in some cases Matlab, or in other cases our own libraries written in C.

#11     Jul 1, 2005
  2. Choad

Choad

Another systems trader bites the dust? :confused:

I don't get it. These guys (me too) spend untold hours designing, testing and trading these systems, then they go to work for a HF and have to stop trading (think Acrary)???

Well hell, there is a sizey paycheck and bonus, but I would/will/am beg or borrow the money to trade my stuff on my own and build it into a monster.

Is it that these guys are just hedging their bets because they believe their systems will quit working soon, or it's just too hard?

Or do they need that paycheck that badly?

Sorry for the thread detour.

Regards.

C

#13     Jul 16, 2005
  3. Banjo

Banjo

No matter the toolset they are gifted with very few people truly believe they can win and even fewer know with certainty they will win.

#14     Jul 16, 2005

4. You're just mad that the only people left on this forum are those who don't know anything.

#15     Jul 16, 2005
  5. Banjo

Banjo

lmao

#16     Jul 16, 2005
  6. Choad

Choad

Alllrightty then...If that's the case, I guess I better leave you and the other two guys here! :D

C YA

#17     Jul 16, 2005
  7. #18     Aug 19, 2005