why people with radical opinions should be heard

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Oct 22, 2003.

1. That's just a common myth. Knowledge that the earth wasn't flat was around -- and fairly well known -- long before Columbus.

#11     Oct 22, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Hmmm. Now how did I know that GG started this thread before I opened it?

GG, you're not Copernicus, you're not Galileo, you're not Hawking. And your opinions? :D

#12     Oct 22, 2003
  3. The point is that <b>there is no</b> conversation.
    He's just saying he does not believe in life after death. What's so crazy about refusing to believe in fairy tales?

#13     Oct 22, 2003
  4. ouch! Gordy!!!

Be viiiry viiiry careful there!!!:p :p
    Dare to question the establishment?????? watch it now, or you get slapped with a traitor/enemy combatant/terrorshit designation and off to guatanamo bay for R&R with no representation for few years:D :D :D Patriot Act anyone???

#14     Oct 22, 2003
  5. there is no conversation.

by same place, i meant nothingness. death = before birth, imo. what was your life like 2,000 years ago? that is what hitler and the pope both get. that is what we all get. do i know this for sure? obviously not, but it seems the most logical to me. death is only bad while you're alive to think about it. once it happens, you're not aware of anything anymore, so it's not like you will wish to be alive again. live now because this is all we have.

i do not say i know this 100%, though. i really do believe there may be levels above us. a fish in the ocean can't understand what is outside the water. maybe the universe is our water. if this is the case, who knows what level we're on and what could be above us (or below us). i don't think you can claim you are on the highest level unless you can explain EVERYTHING. we obviously can't do that.

i talked about this here: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23529

#15     Oct 22, 2003
  6. just saw this.

exactly.

#16     Oct 22, 2003
  7. Gordo....Your opinions aren't radical......they are just worthless.

BTW,,,,STOP with the Columbus comparison.....the guy was trying to get to Asia quicker....and got lucky:D

tell you what though, Since you feel so deeply about this Im going to give the a book to read..: Galileo's Daughter

Awesome book of actual letters to and from him to his daughter who was in the convent....A lot of misconceptions about his life and beliefs are dismissed by his own writings as well as his daughters......The thing that you and other would like is his reliance on Science and religion....He was a radical thinker and incredible mind who also wrestled with religion. read it.

#17     Oct 23, 2003