Why participate in a thread you dislike?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by inandlong, Jan 29, 2004.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Truly, I think some people just LOVE to complain. It gives their sad little lives MEANING. Just thinking of a world without Elite Trader that they can vent their SPLEEN makes them just suicidal since life would just not be worth living without constant complaints.
    (kind of reminds me of some of my relatives)

#21     Jan 31, 2004
  2. bobcathy

This is driving me nuts. Who is posting, Bob or Cathy?

#22     Jan 31, 2004
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Cathy is posting......Bob lurks because he can't type.

#23     Jan 31, 2004
  4. Luto

Luto

1) They know how to complains and insult and perhaps don't know how to do otherthings well (e.g. Trade) so the do what then know how to do.

2) To make themselves "better" by lowering everyone else. Self Importance....

What I find amazing is how trading with discipline really requires one to be intimate with their own emotions. So by default, one would think good traders are emotionally mature.

And all the bravado behind the detractors on ET, leads one to the conculsion there are a lot of sub-optimally emotionally mature traders on ET. Which leads to the conclusion a lot don't have their emotions under control with respect to their opinions.

Flame posts are about as mature as a grade school bully. I guess people need to get it out of their system (sort of a ding-dong ditch) mentallity.

Personally I have not flamed anyone since 1987-8 when I first started at Adobe Systems. I concluded it was more demeaning to myself than to anyone else....

Cheers...

#24     Jan 31, 2004
  5. Wow, that is almost 20 years of flame-free living. Bravo! I cannot say that for myself, that's for sure.

I see you're a new member this year.... hopefully some of the null-and-void posting won't ruin your streak.

#25     Jan 31, 2004
  6. Hey wait a minute. Before my wife and I make love, I like to smell a carton of sour milk. Kinda gets me in the mood. After we're done I'll take one more sniff. Puts me right to sleep.

Kev:D

#26     Jan 31, 2004
  7. simple, just show them that there always are the other side of the story.

#27     Jan 31, 2004
  8. Hi inandlong,

Out of philantropy.

Be good,

nononsense

#28     Jan 31, 2004
  9. Masochism maybe :D

#29     Jan 31, 2004
  10. This thread has been far more rewarding for me than I could have imagined. It's just nice to see so many of my favorite members contributing. Thanks to all of you.

#30     Jan 31, 2004