Why Overturning ‘Obamacare’ Could Lead To Single-Payer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 4, 2012.

1. If the Supreme Court strikes down “Obamacare,” Republicans claim a huge short-term victory, but they may end up big losers in the long run. The future of the nation’s health care system would be thrown into disarray, and conservatives may be forced to swallow a more bitter pill.

The prospect of moving toward a more liberal, government-controlled health care system is fraught with political peril, and therefore far from inevitable, but may wind up being the only way to prevent the demise of the unsustainable, existing system from leaving many more millions without access to health care. Without a mechanism like an individual mandate to cover the uninsured and tackle the free-rider problem, health care costs are set to rise at an unsustainable rate and compel potentially drastic action from Congress.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...could-lead-to-single-payer.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

2. I have absolute confidence the politicians will make the worst long term choice.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

He has a point but Obama no longer has the votes to do anything so radically liberal. Government Healthcare is dead.

I sincerely think we are better off with smaller government as they are so incredibly wasteful and inefficient that anything they do is bound to cost us many mulitiples over what we would pay in the free markets.

4. Thats exactly right. . . . every health crises we experience in the future will enable the Obama admin to shout out '' Well we tried but the republicans shot it down'' so . . .

5. Brass

Brass

Reminds me of Aesop's goose that laid the golden eggs. Big Insurance may end up cooking its own goose.

6. Who asked you , you're not even involved in this?

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

He has nothing going on in his own life so he obsesses about our politics. It also serves his masochistic needs as his comments cause others to direct abusive comments towards him. He might be the most dysfunctional person on ET.

His presence has caused me to reevaluate a few others I fight with and I've realized that most of them are political partisans who are just supporting politicians they like or political policies they like. Those people have every right to post those views. Brass is a different type of creature altogether.