Why Our Mission In Afghanistan Is Doomed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 9, 2009.

1. And your suggestion is...?

#41     Oct 12, 2009
  2. My suggestion is that those like you keep their damn mouths shut, given they were so bloody wrong in the past...

You remind me of Jim Cramer, a lout and loudmouth who is frequently wrong yet always thinks he is right on the next trade.

We should be listening to those people who said Afghanistan was going to be a fuckup, that Iraq was a mistake, that Bush dropped the ball in the hunt for Bin Laden to start a war with Iraq...you know...we should be listening to the ones who were correct in their predictions...not the people who were consistently wrong...

#42     Oct 12, 2009
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

How did we win WW2? How has every other war been won? The simple fact of the matter is that civilians are responsible for the wars that their governments make. We, you, me, every single American - we are responsible for the war's that are made in our name.

Likewise, in Afghanistan they are responsible for what is being done in their name. The only way to "win" a war, is to make it so painful for the civilian population to continue to support the war, that they just wont do it any more.

If any of our great commanders during WW2 came back and tried to run this war, they would end up hung as war criminals, because that is how you fight to win.

It sucks for everyone, and we are much to eager to go to war....and I think we are so eager to go to war because we don't fully fight it.

#43     Oct 12, 2009
  4. War is good for the economy. Obama does not see it that way, but it's true. All the military contractors will employee a lot of workers to rebuild Afghanistan. Also I'm pro life, but we need to kill some people to get peace in the world. A black president is not strong enough for the job. Three more years and we will win the white house back. Obama is an illegal alien also since he was not born in America. That's why he is not enforcing the immigration laws.

#44     Oct 12, 2009
  5. I swear to god I would have never believed it had I not just read it myself. I weep for this country's future due to the youth that will someday inherit it.

#45     Oct 12, 2009
  6. You've got that backwards Skippy. You should be weeping for the youth due to the country they'll inherit. Thanks Ronald Reagan.

#46     Oct 12, 2009

7. Aaaaaahahahaha!, you are the parody of republicans?
    For a joke?

#47     Oct 12, 2009
  8. Well Skippy...call it my optimistic nature. But to read the unaltered crap from "GOPTrader" that I commented on above is almost obscene. You may think otherwise.

#48     Oct 12, 2009
  9. Deficit spending "on war" is given a free pass... we all want to be safe don't we?

War spending gooses the GDP and makes the incumbent politicos look good on the economy come re-election time.

Often quoted, "The business of America is War!"

#49     Oct 12, 2009
  10. ...our great commanders during WW2 would think the chickenhawk neocons worthy of the greatest contempt.

#50     Oct 12, 2009