Why Old Traders Are So Strange

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Jan 27, 2008.

1. sumosam

sumosam

Interesting comment on nicotine. Many years ago, I was at a lecture where researchers from Yale were discussing the benefits of nicotine on the brain, and were looking at an oral form of nicotine for these reasons. Guess you can use the nicotine patch....from time to time.?

#31     Jan 31, 2008
  2. mokwit

mokwit

Maybe not as effectively, anecdotally it has been noted that cigarette smokers inhale differently depending on whether they want to concentrate or relax - forget the exact biochemistry/pharmacology or whatever of this, but it tallies with my own memry of usage.

#32     Jan 31, 2008
  3. mokwit

mokwit

Theanine in green tea has a GABA related calming effect that seems to override the caffeine also present. Green tea alsio containes antoxidants that can pass through the blood brain barrier it seems.

#33     Jan 31, 2008
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Indeed.

#34     Jan 31, 2008
  5. jazzsax

jazzsax

Re: mercury exposure

Find a "biological" dentist. Yes they're a bit more expensive, but they specialize in working without chemicals and using natural materials in their work (ie, freezing that doesn't have lots of junk in it, that breaks down easier). They specialize in removing mercury/amalgam fillings. It's pretty crazy.

I do know people with mercury fillings who had crazy health problems, only to have the fillings removed and then slowly recover. Unfortunately no one knows how much damage has been truly done.

ANother thing *everyone* should do is stop heating up food in plastic containers. Especially for you men with wives, it messed up womens estrogen and progesterone levels hard core. Synthetic estrogen is found in alot of the plastics.

#35     Feb 19, 2008
  6. Tumeric is also great for the gums and connecting tissue to teeth. Herbal remedy for gum desease.

#36     Feb 19, 2008
  7. Valeriana officinalis
    Valerian

Description: Masses of strongly fragrant scented white to pink flowers, used at one time for sedative tinctures and called the "poor man's valium.” The valerian holds a prominent position as one of the best herbal tranquilizers and muscle relaxants the plant kingdom has to offer. Caution: valerian may cause headaches, muscular spasms, and palpitations. It is not recommended for long-term use. Tincture of valerian helps clear dandruff. Folklore: Used in protective sachets or place under the pillow to help you sleep. Powdered valerian roots are considered a substitute for graveyard dust.

#37     Feb 19, 2008
  8. mokwit

mokwit

Seems it is indeed, I noted a distinct elimination of gum inflammation around the time I started using it. Last visit after maybe a couple of months of usage the Dentist commented that I had no issue with gum health, whereas on previous visits the comment was that I was at real risk from receding gums. I was unaware of this property of turmeric.

#38     Feb 19, 2008

9. interesting. How do I consume turmeric. Just put the powder in the mouth or add in water and gargle or just add to cooked food. Lots of Indian dishes have turmeric added. Turmeric capsules are available as well. I am not clear how to use.

Thanks

#39     Feb 20, 2008
  10. #40     Feb 21, 2008