Why oh why can't I stick to my plan ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cicsman, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Kensho

Kensho

Yes. I want to add: you don't know it if it isn't muscle memory. A person that knows not to touch a hot stove never stops to think and analyze the situation once he knows his hand is on a hot stove, he responds to the situation physiologically with spontaneity - not mentally by planing his response.

#51     Apr 19, 2006
  2. Grob109.

Then why has nobody heard of you or your disciples outside of your own self-congratulatory posts?

#52     Apr 19, 2006
  3. P.S. I believe it's far more likely that you are stuck in the same place you've been in for at least the last 8 years, from what I can see by googling for your old newsgroup posts.

In my opinion, you set out a trap of evasive and convoluted verbosity that some newbies confuse for wisdom. Their need to believe is so great that they spin their wheels with you and your "ideas" until they either give up in frustration or learn they need to become their own guru.

You claim that you've mentored people who have, under your tutelage, become great traders... you're a self-proclaimed Richard Dennis and Bill Eckhardt! Well, then where's the documentation of you and your "turtles"? Other than your own posts?

#53     Apr 20, 2006
  4. I am just an amateur individual trader. I meet about 12 people a week for 4 to 6 hours as individuals or in small groups. On the second and fourth Thursdays of the month, I meet with about 25 to 30 people for 2 to 2 1/2 hours and do a camtasia of the meeting.

Last meeting was on indicators as scheduled. The transcript and and abstracted illustrations are half done at this point. It will take two more days to complete the draft. After two edits it will be printed as a handout for the next meeting. An electronic version will be available to anyone who self selects to participate.

It is common for this sequence of activity to cycle about 150 pages of copy every two weeks. So it is a very small effort in the infinite scheme of things.

You can easily see that I am not an important person nor do I get around very much. You have sized me up correctly and I do not have disciples. I am just an individual who has been trading as an amateur for about 50 years.

You magnifications of me in your comments are your creations and the lens through which you view me is tinted by you and not me. You are putting in a little time and effort on a person quest you have created. you will poop out soon and do other quests for other purposes that you create. As for me I will just stay on cruise and do my thing. Periodically, someone like you comes along. Rarely is their overlap or teamwork among such as you. It would save a lot of effort if their were, then the drill you are repeating as done by others would be more simple for you to complete. Your emphasis is fairly narrow. Most others have as a facet of their efforts protecting others from me or my influences.

I was thrown out of ET once because people complained about me and how I treated them in response to their comments to me. Obviously I am a tough cookie for some people to come up against. Baron has not deleted posts of my on topic comments he says but have have disappeared as consecutive posts he has deleted. So you can see that my posts are deleted for unknown reasons by unknown people who work here at ET.

#54     Apr 20, 2006
  5. #55     Apr 20, 2006
  6. Grob,

Just curious. Since you regularly get together with like-minded people and create a fair amount of educational material, why do you not have a web site of your own? If you did have one, then you would be able to dispense your views in a totally unfettered manner. Perhaps you should give it some thought.

Although I do not personally follow your methods, it appears that there are many here who do, as evidenced by the lengthy threads discussing your strategies. However, if I may be so bold, I would suggest that you try to curb your occasional messianic mien and focus that energy on clarity and brevity.

#56     Apr 20, 2006
  7. Venice

Venice

It's easier to judge a rookie, for he is like a baby learning to walk.

However, every person goes at a particular pace through the learning curve. Some are into the business mode faster than others. As long as one has funds to play with, and is not aware of what's the risk involved, I can tell you that I can wipe few accounts in no time. Trading for even money is not easy in the beginning. There are many factors to consider: trading education, personality, available funds, career, family, etc.

It's not easy to make money in the market consistently, but it's not impossible. So we are learning, we are on the path of improvement.
    Great to read the posts.

#57     Apr 20, 2006
  8. bitrend

bitrend

For validity of information, how do you link Jack Hershey to Grob109?

#58     Apr 20, 2006
  9. Jack Hershey is Bubba7 is Grob109. He has been kicked off twice. As far as getting a 70+ year old man to change his ways, good luck.

#59     Apr 20, 2006
  10. The place I occupy is well established. In the last 8 years several technological advances have enhanced the conditions, circumstances and situation in which I operate. So there have been iterative refinements that have occurred. As an observer, you may be missing some of these with regard to the place I occupy. About 1/4 of that time, most recently, I have participated in ET. I did some stuff on Paltalk for a while too within the last 8 years. I was connected with Equis, Worden Bros, and IBD during that period also as you may have determined. The software that represents the stock position trading that I do originated in Sunnyvale at Vantis ( think FPGA stuff) prior to AMD selling Vantis to Simplicity.; it is in C language as a mechanical trading system.

You see all of this as being stuck. And you believe all of the innovations I am credited with are prior to 8 years ago and probably go back just to the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. Not so it turns out. My copyrights do include all of those decades it turns out, though.

There are only 42 pages of newsgroup citations so this is a narrow category of search and not representative. It is not a 30 page reference situation such as the one you bring up for the "turtles".

You say: "In my opinion, you set out a trap of evasive and convoluted verbosity that some newbies confuse for wisdom."

I want you to have that opinion. You are welcome to it. On the other hand, coolweb read every thing I ever did in 5 months and understands every bit of it, he says. This is a good picture of the spectrum that has been created by observers of me and my stuff. It ranges from duck soup to trappy depending upon the skill of the observer.

In this spectrum there is a region that acts as a band pass filter for observers. The network that creates this band pass has several significant elements that act in series and parallel. I count on these to be present and I know that when they are present it is possible for a dialogue to ensue among those who are available and want to conduct an exchange.

So you appear. It is not the "Sound of Music" or the firs rustling in the breeze. It is more like a Russian mournfully peeing in the snow and lamenting that he is facing into the wind of his own choosing. I forgot to mention I love NLP.

You almost got caught in a trap that is evasive and convoluted. I see a Harvard pianist momentarily; he thumps away brashly in a mathematics vien. Oh well, let me convolute further.

Its just too bad for you and all those newbies. I am only interested in relating to those who have a deep appreciation of the richness of the markets as a delivery system for capital. It appeals to me immensely because of its limited requirements for understanding and participation. Since 1957, when all I had to do was pencil in daily charts from the WSJ, it has delivered a steady stream of money just like an open faucet does from the local wells and reservoirs.

You see me creating traps and deeply frustrating people who are out of balance and unable to make proper decisions (you say: " Their need to believe is so great that they spin their wheels with you and your "ideas" until they either give up in frustration ...). You may be right or wrong...who knows....

Why do people create traps? To catch things. The people I am trying to catch are people who will make money and pass their approach on to others. My trap reads like this: I will help you out and explain what I do if you will pass it on to others and if your will share some of your profits with your community as a way to help solve some community problems. As you know nobody knows me or has ever heard about me.....except for the people I have worked with over the last 50 years wherever I was living at the time. This is new to you and you didn't read it anywhere in any of the posts I made that you found and determined were evasive and convoluted and so on.....and on ....and on......

Fortunately you SEE the TRAP and you have really avoided it; you will never be connected with anything about me or what I suggest that makes money. You are pointing out the trap to others and saving them the time and effort of screwing up.

The guy in Sunnyvale got trapped; he read emails for a while to learn the stuff (it was before the internet web times); he made a mechanical version (11.1% profits every 6.6 days); and he gave it away to others who wanted to use it. Think of all the people who followed in his software prints.

Your last paragraph may contain a request or it may be a demand. Either a request for info or a demand for proof. It reads: "Well, then where's the documentation of you and your "turtles"? Other than your own posts?".

There is something about all of this that you did not catch. Let me use the Mafia as an example. Lets say a person comes to me and finds me by following a path ( dropping bread crumbs as he goes). He is a Yankee, say. I look like Al Pachino, you see, so he is the kind of person who can't judge my character, evidently. We make a deal that has some additional parts...you do not know what these are..... The guy gets to make and keep all the money....BUT.....

You have the proof of how powerful the agreements are that I make with all thee people. They are never heard from again........none...no one ever says what they do and how they do it and they never post any of their trades for anyone to see. they never refer to me by name and they just lurk about in the shadows........

Here's what I will do for you.... I will release everyone from their blood oath of silence and let them post anywhere and everywhere and do anything they want. BUT I have to still keep my vows to them to keep bragging all the time so that what they are doing has more weight because of my repeated boasts about how well they are dong and improving as a natural result of their iterative and continuous improvement and writing all the software and giving it away to anyone who wants it. (I personally reviewed this convolution ,twice) This is all going on secretly; as you say it cannot be found anywhere; so, today, I am asking them to all come out of their trading closets.

Be careful out there; there are traps everywhere.

I have had emails from the "coast" on doing productions....Do you think the public could take 30 minutes of this every evening as an antidote to the contemporary scene??....

See if you can bring up 13 episodes of this game you are playing..lol.....

#60     Apr 20, 2006