Why Obama = 1 term president...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BosyBillups, Dec 13, 2009.

1. I hate the word electorate... It's the typical Intellectual word to reduce people ( be cautious to the WordS ). It will be men and women who will vote. Individually, trying to find the right answer to a very diffcult task.
    Furthermore the President of the United States of America is the President of All US citizens.

Oh and a little thinking from Albert Einstein ( from my memory ) :

Don't think too much about tomorrow it comes fast enough...

Personnaly : Yesterday is History, tomorrow a mystery and the Present a gift from God...

Enjoy in Peace !

#11     Dec 13, 2009
  2. Oh this is wrong. The economy is not akin to physics. This is the BS that econometrics tries to feed the people. This is the sort of thinking that caused LTCM to fail, and this mortgage mess.

The market, economics are nowhere near physics. They are psychological and philosophical.

Everything that we have and all of the constructs that we use are arbitrary constructs that we as humans have thought up. There is no reason why given another chance we could not come up with a completely new construct.

This is also why people search in vain on the ideal algorithmic program to make them lots and lots of money. And this is why that ideal program does not exist.

For example, we have the law that you should not commit murder. Really?

If a solider shoots another person? Is that right? If a policeman shoots another person is that right?

Oh yeah, its OK for a solider or a policeman to kill because well they are protected our rights. I am not saying that it is wrong. What I am pointing out is that the law against murder is an arbitrary construct that we devised as a result of psychology and philosophy! And given the chance to start with a completely new slate we might have completely different laws.

#12     Dec 13, 2009
  3. BS. Convincing them will require it *actually* improving. Real unemployment hovers around 18-20%. Good luck to him convincing them despite the evidence, using a rhetorical argument.

#13     Dec 13, 2009
  4. remember all the blacks, latinos and asians will vote for him, so even if he gets only 40% of the white vote, he will still be reelected.

#14     Dec 13, 2009
  5. take a look at how he's polling with whites. At this rate he will lose.

#15     Dec 13, 2009
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Thaaaaank-you.

#16     Dec 13, 2009
  7. Obama ended the Bush depression, cut taxes for 98% of working families, and jumpstarted the shift to a clean energy economy with a $100 billion in stimulus funds.

He will have a second term guaranteed.

#17     Dec 13, 2009
  8. #18     Dec 14, 2009
  9. This is what is known as "fairy-tale thinking." I hope you were trying to be humorous...

#19     Dec 14, 2009
  10. TGregg

TGregg

If he's going to lose reelection, then he needs to lose to a viable candidate. Who are the republicans going to run - another left of center candidate? It may well be that The One becomes the worst president ever, then gets elected because the idiot republicans put up something even worse.

I mean, WTF would want to run? Nobody qualified, that's for sure. All that campaigning, all that ass-kissing, all that mud slinging for a whole year? And then maybe get the job?

And then, WTF would want the job? Accidently say something stupid like being derogatory about the Special Olympics and it's a major issue? Nutjobs checking into your birth records, National Guard records and transcripts looking for dirt and making it up out of whole cloth if they can't find it?

Besides, anybody that is qualified already has a gig - and it pays more and is a whole lot more fun to do. Admittedly, the Oval Office comes with a lot of perks you ain't gonna get no matter how big your corner office it. But it's just not worth all the hassle. Plus most of your coworkers are scummy layers-turned-politocs, and lobbyists. And lunatics like Maxine Waters. It's just not worth it, not by a long shot.

Obama and Bush might end up being better than our next few presidents.

Shudder.

#20     Dec 14, 2009