Why Nyse stocks ?????

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by jaiko, Apr 6, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

Yeah, I suspected as much. If I did what P2 does, you'd have to get a crane and pry me out of bed.

nitro

#51     Apr 7, 2002
  2. i read "josh b", and i think "josh b" is wrong in some respects.

while i agree that if something is working consistently (consistently=statistically) then by all
    means use it. but all the "chicken bone" theories in the world as to why it may be working are useless.

furthermore, it would behoove you as a trader who understands the power of reason to at least make an
    attempt to gather some insight into why it is "working", or perhaps you may learn that it is not really
    "working" at all.

i hate "gut feels" too. the term implies unexamined conclusions and methods that have "stuck" to your
    mind like so much dog sh*t to the bottom of your shoe. who's to say your gut has market prescience?
    relying on mysterious gut feels is foolish, and perhaps that's why your gut p2 is just plain wrong 4 out 5
    trades. seems your "gut" needs some more lessons. perhaps you should examine at just what your
    gut is telling you and why, then maybe your mind can show your gut how to improve its trading results.

yer sir that makes sense to me.

:-/

#52     Apr 7, 2002
  3. nitro, i have the deepest respect for you too. i seriously believe you to be one of the brightest minds here
    (i read all your posts and always find myself nodding my head in agreement), and if i do possess superior
    reasoning skills i firmly believe they are second to none save yours.

of course i say this with t.i.c.

:^)

#53     Apr 7, 2002
  4. limbo

limbo

I saw Praetorian2 make this trade---If you check the threads you'll see I've probably been his biggest fan for a couple of years now and I have seen him do extraordinary things. Let me make the important point he executes flawlessly.--He is a master executer if you will. He has this uncanny ability to move large size in and out-far better than you or I--I don't know perhaps it's a gift from heaven.----- The booze thing is rediculous and (as a friend) I urge him to shut up about it-as it detracts from the amazing trading gift he possesses.

#54     Apr 7, 2002
  5. limbo, what is this gift from god that you are talking about? do lightning bolts shoot from his fingers? or maybe death lasers from his eyes? huh??

:-/

#55     Apr 7, 2002
  6. Since no one else has asked the question, I will.

P2, how are you going to get rid of those 77K THV shares. The stock trades at 1.10 with an average 30 day volume of 15K/day with an average range of 0.06. Only 500 shares traded on Friday. It would seem to me that you could not possibly sell this position without depressing the price significantly. I don't know at what price you got into the position, but I would be interested in hearing how you intend to get out of it. Hopefully you won't get squeezed as you have publicly stated your position (we assume).

#56     Apr 7, 2002
  7. Squeezed? HUH? I am long. I continue to buy it agressively, or as agressively as the limited volume allows. I'll take unlimited under about 1.2 or so. My basis is 1.1. I have no intention of selling this stock now. I'll wait til it's in the mid teens. At that point, I doubt it matters how I sell it cause I'll be up over 1000%. I assume that I will sell it just as I bought it, 2-4k a week, every week, for months. Limbo, as always, I appreciate you standing up for me, and yes, fireballs shoot out of my eyes.

#57     Apr 7, 2002
  8. rpc

rpc

From what I have read on this thread, it appears that putting on large positions on the NYSE is easier than doing the same on the NASDAQ. Now there has to some large traders on the NASDAQ also, so how do they go about putting on the large orders? Is there a size limit on the NASDAQ you shouldn't go over? If a stock presents itself as BMY did but, was on the NASDAQ what would be the max position a trader could put on knowing they may have to get out quickly? (I know each situation is different but I am curious as to the general methods that a large trader may use when on the NASDAQ.)

#58     Apr 7, 2002
  9. limbo

limbo

FPussyC---Your question is beligerent("huh") and moronic--unworthy of an answer. Therefore I think it's best if we dont talk.

#59     Apr 7, 2002
  10. RPC, if BMY was on the nas, I probably wouldn't have taken it in the first place. On the nas, stocks aren't as "solid" s/r isn't as defined. They'll blow stops all over the place. If i did take a position, it would be under 3k shares probably. But it all depends. The bottom wasn't blowoff enough to take more. Sometimes I do take 5 figure positions on the nas, but it's just less common. And don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming to be some type of trading god. I'm just trying to answer the first question as to why I do nyse over nas, and then defending myself from the attacks that always do come.

#60     Apr 7, 2002