Why not to give people choice?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kashirin, Mar 30, 2020.

1. kashirin

kashirin

Looks like we spend 2 trln minimum to save 1 million lives
    2mln $ per life. Many of them will die anyway within a year

Why not to allow advanced directive - I refuse to use ventilator and my family gets 2 mln$

2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You do have a choice and its called a dnr or something like that in the hospital.

wrbtrader

3. schizo

schizo

Dude, this ain't no life insurance. Plus, most of that $2T will likely be used for unemployment benefits and loans for small businesses, etc.

Here’s what’s in the $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/cor...ates-whats-in-the-2-trillion-relief-plan.html

4. zdreg

zdreg

Admittingly, I don't know the numbers. However, both of you have not presented realistic numbers. Perhaps they are starting points and someone with expertise cam reconcile the #s.

5. Handle123

Handle123

When most people get a choice, they select wrong, selfish pricks, one can always buy life insurance, wait couple years and walk off cliff. Ever consider what your life is worth in non monetary form? How does you life add up to your family? If one has kids, parent loss is incredible difficult as parent picked easy way out of life thinking money answers more than their kids watching their parent went beyond the norm to make family better life. I'd give all I have made in my life if I was able to stop my father from blowing out his brains one holiday weekend, yes I know why he did what he did, living life with Asperger's syndrome very difficult as you truly are alone in a sea of people. Holidays are longer without him, can't ask him for advise, stack of dollars I made for him offers no advise, 26 years later-I have still many questions to ask of him, he took easy way out of very hard world.

10_bagger, comagnum, wave and 5 others like this.
  6. i truly feel your pain. you are a good son of your dad.

7. SunTrader

SunTrader

The most valuable "asset" we each have is time on this planet.

8. clacy

clacy

Looks like we are going to put the MMT theories to the test

9. piezoe

piezoe

To do that, the government would have to start listening to the MMT economist's advice.

10. clacy

clacy

Oh I would say this is close enough. They’re basically saying they’ll push as much money as necessary into the public. We will see if there is any inflation to constrain them or not. I happen to think there is enough deflationary pressure to offset inflation

#10     Mar 30, 2020