Why not share your winning strategy?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by capamando, Feb 18, 2006.

1. You mean you do not want me to screw all the female traders out of their money? No, I am not a fraudster...I am the real thing! :)

#21     Feb 18, 2006
  2. spersky

spersky

Actually,

Doctors work for free all the time. The other day I did 6 operations, and not a single person had any insurance. I will not see a dime from any of them because that is just the way society has been set up in the medical industry. Actually, the only thing I might receive from those patients would be a lawsuit, because the poor are more likely to sue a Doctor for any outcome. Some lawyer might make them think they hit the lottery by sueing. However, I still love what I do, and we still make our money off the paying patients :) Also, I do not regret helping the poor people without insurance because I would not want them to die from thier injuries just because they have no money.

Regards,
    Steve

#22     Feb 18, 2006
  3. gkishot

gkishot

Are you serious? How about the rest of your team? If they were life threatening injures it should be more than one person doing the operation and many hours of exhausting work?

#23     Feb 18, 2006
  4. gbos

gbos

You did the right thing.

#24     Feb 18, 2006
  5. Deptrai

Deptrai

I use the force. :)

#25     Feb 18, 2006
  6. Hello,

I do appreciate all of the comments regarding my unofficial poll on altruism and forex trading. Darth Vader would be proud of you. :D

I didn't expect anything different. I can add a lot more but frankly I don't see the need. Thanks for your unbridled opinions and I will continue to extract as much as possible from your "secret winning formulas" and hopefully find my own.

:p

#26     Feb 18, 2006

7. What puzzles me is this - you have made your way to a trading site. You understand the idea of trading different markets, including forex. You have figured out that there are 'systematic' ways in which trading can be done - following a set of pre-defined rules. You have seen examples of these kinds of systems. You understand that the systems are often based on price movement. A very simple indicator of price movement is a 'moving average'. You have understood that trading systems are based on these ideas of taking data sets and analyzing them and trying to come up with rules that define their behaviour. You have understood that you can get started down this road very cheaply - all you need to do is read up on some technical indicators (free) and then try to build a simple trading system (software < $100).

But for some reason, you aren't doing this... you are posting here asking why others who have done all of this work won't tell you how to make money! Isn't that a little strange?

I feel thjat in your past post, you clarified what this thread seemed to be about, which is not sharing trading systems but your personal feelings about altruism in general; that became clear when you said to one respondent that they shouldn't expect much in their next 'reincarnation'.

#27     Feb 18, 2006
  8. traderNick,

Thanks for your observation... a bit distorted but that's ok. This thread is under CHIT CHAT. Let's leave it at that.

Good luck

#28     Feb 18, 2006
  9. Wow, was that ever easy for you!! Developing a trading system should be no problem.

#29     Feb 18, 2006
  10. lar

lar

There are some things you just have to do for yourself... like going to the bathroom, like dieing (living), like finding your way trading.

For example, here are some basic ideological foundations of some simple systems. Follow the trend on retracements in trending markets, follow the momentum in trending markets, sell "overpriced" options/buy "underpriced" options, buy "oversold"/sell "overbought" chop markets.

However, no system is right all the time. Few are right much more of the time than they are wrong. And often the ones that work now will cycle in and out. It is what we do when the system doesn't work that makes us do harmful things. A system that works well can also cause dangerous trading career ending behaviors when it stops working. The old saw about fear and greed are career enders and all of these things are simply things you have to work through yourself.

Otherwise, it's like asking a scientist how to be a good scientist in 100 words or less.

YOU are going to have to put the time and energy in learning/testing a lot about everything, then throwing away what doesn't fit. You will throw away much more than you keep but you'll still have to go through the process because that is also where you'll develop your emotional control.

#30     Feb 18, 2006