Why not share your winning strategy?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by capamando, Feb 18, 2006.

1. 1in10

1in10

Capamando,

You want a winning strategy, here you go,"buy low, sell high, when approriate, sell high, buy low. Repeat."

Do this every trade and you will be successful.

Or, better yet, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out because with your attitude you are short for this game anyway.

#11     Feb 18, 2006
  2. Well out of fear that Spot the dog will take it and run with it...I would tell Ann to choose the last choice :) :) unless she can complicate it enough after discovering how easy it is, and tell spot to go lay down and depend on her for his next meal...

#12     Feb 18, 2006
  3. 9999

:D :D :D
    Hilarious!!!

#13     Feb 18, 2006
  4. zdreg

zdreg

thx. i understand your not so secret message for successful forex trading
    you hang yourself by your penis which makes it larger and makes you completely focused on trading.

good show. hang in there.:)

#14     Feb 18, 2006
  5. Growth can cause a "most faceted" understanding :)

#15     Feb 18, 2006
  6. zdreg

zdreg

being as you are a prolific (habitual/addicted) poster, you should be careful with your choice of words. you never know who might show up at your doorstep etc.

"Technology will soon have the ability to teleport elephants asses and have them pop out on your desk." chibondking

:)

#16     Feb 18, 2006
  7. Please, don't illustrate your point.:)

#17     Feb 18, 2006
  8. What would I do without you and ET? :) Hey!!! I got an ET t-shirt...Its under the mattress with Wifey's stash...

being as you are a prolific (habitual/addicted) poster

#18     Feb 18, 2006
  9. Read up on game theory. This will explain why people have an incentive to keep secrets and why helping others can actually hurt you by destroying the goose that lays the golden egg.

Trading isn't a charity. While sharing and helping others works fine in many areas of general trading advice, you don't see Mrs Filelds passing out recipies to her cookies, drug companies passing out formulas to their newest drug, Microsoft doesn't make its source code available on the Internet, etc. In other words why do some companies keep secrets? Answer is it is in their best interest to do so - giving away their secrets will make them less cometitive and might even run them out of business. Traders are no different than companies.

Look around and you will find many selling dreams. But those dreams aren't as silver lined as they are advertised.

This is another reason why nobody would share with you or any other like minded individual. If you were making it with my edge then you would destroy the edge by passing it out on a street corner. I liken your supposed generosity to being foolhardy.

Any fund or sophisticated trader could program in his computer a given rule set to automatically trigger and those computers could execute virtually identically.

Don't be too quick to believe the "trillion dollar" marketing hype. The fact is that forex is a limited market, just as every market is limited. Meaning there is no Rockefeller handing out money on street corners in forex and each one of those entities is running their forex trading as a for profit venture - meaning they are out to get your money if you let them have it.

Keep doing your reading and think out the idea that if everyone in the market is out to make money, where is that money coming from? If I gave out my profitable systems they would cease to work in very short order and I would destroy my own game. Not a smart thing to do for a capitalist. If you want to be charitable, donate to your favorite charity after you have made your money in trading.

#19     Feb 18, 2006
  10. Only an idiot would give away 6 years of hard work and tens of thousands of dollars. I don't think most people think of it in these terms. How many doctors after finishing their many years of schooling with the associated school loans decide to "not accept any money for their services" for the rest of their life because they are feeling charitable? Some people forget that the rules of capitalism apply to trading because they are greedy for a handout.

Good axiom and good post.

#20     Feb 18, 2006