Why not Romney?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, Aug 21, 2009.

1. True,but they don't care about that.Palin,McCain and Hukabee will get their votes before a good candidate like Romney

No Republican can get the nomination with out a large part of the religious right,Romney is a Mormon and he was once pro choice,they can never vote for him

#11     Aug 21, 2009
  2. True.

#12     Aug 21, 2009
  3. The right wing kook jobs will never nominate someone who weres magic underoos.

#14     Aug 21, 2009
  4. LOL !!!

#15     Aug 21, 2009
  5. Forgot about the dog story

Dog owners are another group that will not vote for Romney

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1vUCGH61Uk4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1vUCGH61Uk4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#16     Aug 21, 2009
  6. They knew McCain is at the end of the road and this was his last real shot. He is a moderate but most knew the trend was going well against the GOP in '08 so they were likely to lose.

I think Romney will get the nom in '12 and its up to him to close the deal.

#17     Aug 21, 2009
  7. I certainly thought Romney was the strongest candidate and would have made the best president. For a number of reasons, he didn't go over well with primary voters.

He ran a terrible campaign. He tried to buy the Iowa caucuses and looked bad when it didn't work. He went negative on McCain in Iowa, which violated Reagan's 11th Commandment and also made it personal with McCain. He came across as too deferential to McCain in the debates.

None of these is something that can't be corrected next time. The Mormon thing could be more of a problem. He could face another vote splitting series of primaries, with Palin getting the hardcore vote, Huckabee the Evangelicals and Romney and whoever else runs the rest.

I am concerned that he is not doing much now. He needs to be out there going after Obama every day in the harshest possible terms. Make himself the anti-obama. He's not doing it though, probably because he is listening to the same consultants that wrecked his last campaign and sank McCain in the general.

#18     Aug 22, 2009
  8. Don't know about that. He's been raising funds for a second run for several months now. He's already behind the scenes, organizing support, positioning his campaign, and allocating resources. Don't forget, while it seems like the next race is four years away, it will probably start just two years from now.

Huck is a problem, but I'm not sure that he won't become a Sean Hannity/ Rush Limbaugh. Guys like that soon realize the money making potential that they have if they don't run again.

Personally I think Mitt has a bigger problem. Former gov Huntsman from Utah. Current ambassador to China. I can see him trying to run in '12 and that is a big problem for Mitt.

#19     Aug 27, 2009
  9. That'll be less of an issue next time around. The mormon thing I mean. I think Huck did himself a disservice by staying in the race against McCain. He shoulda recognized the situation and bowed out gracefully when everyone was calling him a Romney spoiler. Instead he sticks his neck out with a rebuttal that he thinks Mitt is a Huck spoiler.

That woulda been a good rebuttal if he hadn't subsequently gotten humiliatingly slaughtered by the worst candidate the GOP was running. Huck failed to realize that the only reason McCain was still in the race was that Huck was stealing Romney support.

#20     Aug 27, 2009