Why not put term limits in congress?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, May 29, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

#31     May 29, 2013
  2. No I wont .I'd like to see gerrymandering ended but as I have previously stated term limits aren't needed when the people can vote them out.

#32     May 29, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

#33     May 29, 2013

4. Yet voters keep re electing career politicians.Voters have the choice to not vote for a person after they have served one are two terms or they can vote for a candidate who promises to serve one or 2 terms when there is no incumbent.I don't believe in limiting voter choice by saying who they cant vote for

#34     May 29, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

The problem with voting for the guy who says he will only stay for two terms is that after two terms and they leave and all of those who want to be career politicians are still there and the guy who replaces the one leaving probably made no such promise.

Term limits is the only way to keep these lifelong Congressmen from controlling the country. They use their seniority to bully the new guys and every year gain more power over their peers in Congress.

Voters don't want to vote out their long standing Congressman because of this seniority and power and what he can bring to their state.

This should end and only term limits will solve that. Congressmen would be more concerned with doing the right thing for the country instead of trying to do whatever it takes to keep getting the votes by supporting pork and getting lobbyists and corporations in their pockets.

#35     May 29, 2013
  6. wjk

wjk

At least Cruz aint taking their shit. Rubio allowed himself to be sucked in by the top RINOs and Dems (Gang of 8), thus destroying a promising career. He meant well, and thus was played like a fiddle. He should have said to Schumer: "Find another patsy", and then flip that arrogant elitist off.

#36     May 29, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

McCain and Graham are POed that Cruz won't fall in line with their dribble and surrender. I've already sent Cruz emails expressing my appreciation for how well he is doing.

#37     May 29, 2013