Why not put term limits in congress?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by noob_trad3r, May 29, 2013.

1. We have term limits for our leaders,we can vote them out

#21     May 29, 2013
  2. Obamacare forces people to purchase something or suffer consequences which is in no way a choice, when prior to obamacare it was. Ak supports that and said that wanting to take away the choice of who leads us is unamerican. Not only is that hypocritical but other elected officials already have term limits, so how is it unamerican?

Also, this is not 'promoting' the general welfare, it is forcing taxpayers to subsidize the healthcare of others.

And most importantly, Congress has no business being involved in social welfare programs, none.

#22     May 29, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

And THIS, like I mentioned earlier this thread, is why term limits are a non starter. Too many of the parasite class are afraid new leaders unencumbered by lobbyists and an obsession for re-election would take away their free ice cream.

That's NOT a term limit kid.

#23     May 29, 2013
  4. back to square one..

#24     May 29, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

BINGO! We have a winner.

#25     May 29, 2013
  6. pspr

pspr

That's not term limits. lol

As I've already mentioned, it's not a fair fight for a challenger against an incumbent unless the incumbent has a scandal or something similar plaguing him. All you have to do is look at the shear numbers of Senators and Congressmen who have held their seats for decades.

The country would be better served with a lot more regular new blood not beholding to certain corporations and lobby groups.

#26     May 29, 2013
  7. Thats true.You should have applied that logic to Obama/Romney before predicting Obama would get less then 200 electoral votes

#27     May 29, 2013
  8. wjk

wjk

No they can't. Like the members of congress, too many voters have been bought off.

#28     May 29, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

As has been told to you before, Romney should have won after the 1st debate. He hurt himself by backing off and then the NY/NJ hurricane with the liberal press fawning all over Obama and Christie doing the same sunk Romney.

If Romney had just managed to get McCain's turn out, he would have won. And the reason is the poor job Obama had done in his 1st 4 years.

But, that has nothing to do with term limits. They are needed and needed badly. I'm surprised you cannot see that. I suppose if Democrats lose big in 2014 you'll be calling for Congressional term limits because it's all politics with you, not what's best for the country.

#29     May 29, 2013
  10. wjk

wjk

Really? Ask the tea party and other religious and conservative groups targeted by the IRS prior to the vote. Some call that suppression.

#30     May 29, 2013