Why not print money till debts get zeroed out.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Sep 12, 2011.

1. gtor514

gtor514

Yes, the US's number one export is inflation. The number one import is deflation.

#11     Sep 12, 2011
  2. You are European?:D

#12     Sep 12, 2011
  3. Yes, the printed money will make it into the money supply anyway. It doesn't go to zero and government won't ever be debt free because it does not produce anything but intangible legal and tangible property protection.

This is what will happen, though, only this time the deflation in our dollar will be much greater than dollar index 1.2 let's go short it says Warren Buffet now at .75 on its way to 0.5 easily in this scenario.

#13     Sep 12, 2011
  4. are.. wait... no... No!

You have to be trolling us. No one is 'this' fucking stupid.

#14     Sep 12, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Don't be so sure, I've seen the OP in action before.

#15     Sep 12, 2011
  6. Viable money structures debt in a way that generates a persistent yield.

Another other kind of money is fraudulent and would be quickly discovered as such.

#16     Sep 12, 2011
  7. To answer your question in the easiest way possible...

Dollars are created through the issuance of debt. If you create 15 trillion dollars to pay off the debt, by definition, the debt would increase to 30 trillion and you could only pay off half which leaves you where you started.

For instance...lets look at it like monopoly. Lets say I(usa) owe $100 to you. Now I want to pay that off, but $100 doesnt really fit in my budget to pay you off(because i've racked up too much credit card debt). The other players(china, russia, europe) are watching so I cant really just take $100 from the bank or they will get pissed and shoot me. So the best i can do is give the bank an IOU(treasury bond) and the bank gives me $100. So I pay you off, but now I still owe the bank $100, so the debt doesnt go away.

What I think you might be talking about is creating 15 trillion dollars (off the books) which again...cant be done because you have china, russia, europe and the rest of the world looking over your shoulder. And you know what happens when you play monopoly and the kid that was just about to go bankrupt who just happens to be the banker suddenly ends up with an extra $2,000 in his money pile,right? You stop playing with him and kick him out of your game.

#17     Sep 12, 2011
  8. They should say every golden ounce is worth 5 trillion USD.

Pay of the debt with 3 ounces of gold.

And no this doesnt means inflation has to go rampant.

High gold prices do not equal inflation.

Most main stream economists agree with that.

Like Paul Krugman.

Hey Ho. Let's go.

#18     Sep 13, 2011
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

People have to buy the gold to drive the price up. If they did that they would have to print money. When the buy the gold with that money the person who sells the gold gets the money. Now do you think they would be able to buy anything with that money knowing that if they did the price of goods would rise assuming they spent it all?

#19     Sep 13, 2011
  10. The price doesnt needs to be driven up. They could just fix the price like they did for decades last century.

Obviously I am not being entirely serious but in theory it is just as plausible as anything else. The consequences not kept into consideration.

#20     Sep 13, 2011