why not pass a bill outlawing foreclosures for a period

Discussion in 'Economics' started by mahram, Nov 18, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

I suggested to wifey that we go on a 10-year vacation and "spend it all".. then come back, vote for the DemoCraps, and hold our hand out.

I think she's starting to come around...

#21     Nov 18, 2008
  2. Suspending foreclosures until both parties agree on more appropriate terms would've been a much more fair alternative to just giving banks money to sure up their balance sheet.

You can't fully blame the uneducated homeowners who were coerced and encouraged to participate in the orgy of buying overpriced assets with ridiculous leverage.

The principles of the bailout package were flawed and the world was duped by the "Morgan's and Rothschild’s," once again. The BANKS created this mess and then we bailed them out

#22     Nov 18, 2008
  3. Would have had the same effect,

Coerced? Was someone standing with a gun to people's heads forcing them to take loans they didn't understand? I remember a lot of morons running around thinking they were genius house flippers but I don't remember all that arm twisting and coercion you're dreaming of.

The principles of the bailout package were flawed because there was a bailout out package. Full stop. Bailouts <i>are</i> the flaw. You weren't duped by the Morgans and the Rothschilds (plural, not possessive form, btw). You were duped by your own congress critters.

#23     Nov 18, 2008
  4. Are you really that thick? You have been on here since 2005? Why on earth would people pay if they couldn't get evicted?

#24     Nov 18, 2008
  5. WHAT???????????????????????

I guess personal accountability is completely gone in America?

Nobody, I repeat nobody was coerced into buying a home that they couldn't afford.

When you call a realtor to start searching for your "dream home", you know what your price limit is. Anyone who starts looking at $250,000 houses and ends up buying a $600,000 house knows damn well that it's out of their price range and the only reason they still bought it is because they were greedy and believed the hype that "Real Estate never loses value".

They all thought they were going to make a shitload of money and then buy an even bigger house.

#25     Nov 18, 2008
  6. Maybe they should pass a law to keep people like you from reproducing.

#26     Nov 18, 2008
  7. The same effect? Once again, the banks have used the bailout funds to sure up their balance sheets. How has that helped homeowners?

Coerced, yes, but I wouldn't use the analogy of putting a gun to people's heads. Their tactics are much more sly.

I was making an argument in relative terms, i.e. funds for the banks versus funds for homeowners. Of course the bailout was flawed in absolute terms.

Who do you think owns Congress? The "Rothchild's and Morgan's," and alike.

#27     Nov 18, 2008
  8. There does seem to be a lot of people in this country who are so stupid and greedy and impulsive that they need to be protected from themselves... maybe debtors' prison is the solution.

#28     Nov 18, 2008
  9. LOL

It happens all the time. Study your history books (not the ones supplied by the govt though). Man is a machine, mechanical and full of hindsight.

Foresight belongs to the few, those who are awake. The powers that be have always struggled for control. I am sorry to break the news to you but the "free thinkers" aren't winning:(

#29     Nov 18, 2008
  10. Stupidity and greed definitely.

Coercion, not at all.

#30     Nov 18, 2008