Why not leave the "Transaction Tax Bill," Petition at the top of trading section

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by CowboyBlue, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Why not leave the "Transaction Tax Bill," Petition at the top of trading section, like the "Welcome to ET a little reminder" thread for atleast a couple weeks.

This bill if passed is going to wipe out 90% of the profitable guys on this board this is one of the most important things happening to new traders right now. If this bill is passed you can almost certainly kiss this site goodbye.

2. BUMP

3. For anyone who does not understand the implifications of this bill let me explain it in simple terms.

I don't want this to be a political thing so all i will say is certain members of congresss want a 1/4% Tax introduced on every single stock market transaction, here is what this 1/4% would mean to every trader on this board. I hope you vote accordingly.

If your average price is 20$ A share AND:
    you are a high volume trader and you move 500k shares a day your cost is
    500000*20*.0025 = 25000 per day..... or
    roughly 500k a month or 6 mill a year A.K.A. YOU ARE F****D

you are a mid volume trader and move 50,000 shares a day your cost is
    50000*20*.0025= 2500 per day..... or
    roughly 50k a month or 600k a year A.K.A. YOU ARE F****D

you are a low volume trader and move 5000 shares a day your cost is
    5000*20*.0025= 250 a day...... or
    roughly 5k a month or 60k a year A.K.A. YOU ARE F****D

The moral of the story is Don't let congress whore you out unless you like getting an F***** up the old pooper..

Either way all traders are out of business, if this passes, sign the petition.

Here is the petition.

http://www.rallycongress.com/no2tradertax/1536/tell-congres-to-block-trader-tax/

4. Which thread are you referring to?

5. Clean up what i have said and post this petition above the "trading" forum, instead of "welcome to ET a little reminder"

Or what would be even beter is posting it above EVERY forum, but i am willing to accept baby steps.:)

The link i have posted is link to the petition so why not make the header "Transaction Tax Bill Protest Sign Now" and then make it link to the transaction bill protest.

6. Please Ivanovich make it so

7. What about the other ones in "Career Trader"?

8. I would prefer if EliteTrader would STOP nailing threads to the top. Like, why is Chaos thread nailed to the top of Career Trader?

Let the "market" - ET readers decide what threads should be in focus.

9. You are assuming that the "market" on ET is "free and fair" to begin with.

Do you actually think that there aren't a bunch of aliases running around ET ( who don't even trade for a living ) but who "manufacture" threads and posts just for the sake of web-activity?

On a similar note, why are swear words consistently "condoned" on ET, and members who use such language not banned?

Please.
    Think for a moment about what I just said, and who it benefits.