Why not just reduce taxes for poorer people

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Jan 10, 2010.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

no i made this point earlier. they are making bad decision for power this is why they did the stimulus so we will dependent on gov for long time.

#21     Jan 10, 2010
  2. If you make under $8k, you are not even required to file a tax return, let alone pay any taxes. Although if you have a child, its always in your best interest to file for the EIC credit.

#22     Jan 10, 2010
  3. how the hell do you reduce taxes for people who don't pay shit to begin with? the bottom 50% taxpayers pay 3% of all income taxes. if anything, the fatass freeloaders need to start pulling their weight.

http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/105468/What's-Your-Share-of-the-Nation's-Tax-Bill

#23     Jan 11, 2010
  4. By starting the FairTax. Poverty level people wouldn't even pay the payroll taxes (SS & Med.) But do Democrats want this for their lower class constituents. NO WAY. It takes away power to control.

#24     Jan 11, 2010
  5. #25     Jan 11, 2010
  6. Humpy

Humpy

Its hell being poor - I remember it well

I see Colorado are getting rid of the minimum wage. It was $7.30 per hour. Not worth turning up for work for such a piddling amount.
    Might as well donate it to the rich who have more than they can spend. They wouldn't even notice !!

#26     Jan 11, 2010
  7. "The poor paying too much tax"... is not even 1/100th of our financial problems. Other than SS taxes, they pay next to nothing (or actually nothing) now.

How about, "Government STOP DEFICIT SPENDING"??

Between our amoral progressive income tax and government deficit spending, we're already as corrupt as Hugo Chavez...

#27     Jan 11, 2010
  8. Stop deficit spending would be tough in a recessionary period.

It would mean mass lay off from the biggest organization in the country. The economic impact may be tremendous.

Salary reduction would work, but only if they got through the union.

BTW: I don't even know why governmental employees (especially the white collar workers earning $100,000/yr) need a union for.

#28     Jan 11, 2010
  9. Not the issue. Deficit spending is immoral. Should not be even considered unless national emergency... like a world war.... and one where war were declared up us, not a "convenient declaration of war" just because we wanted to deficit spend, make the GDP look robust.... to support the reelection of incumbents.

#29     Jan 11, 2010
  10. #30     Jan 11, 2010