Why not just reduce ALL taxes by 50%

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jjf, Jan 26, 2009.

1. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

tax cuts that put more money in people's pockets so they spend more is always good.

but it wont' do any good to solve the problem of recession or failing businesses from incompetent management like the bankng sector or car sector cyclical and industry problems.

[

QUOTE]Quote from laminustacitus:

You make the false assumption that to do any good the tax cuts must aid the unemployed and unprofitable, which is wrong. Tax cuts would help businesses reinvest more of their profits, rather than them being carried off by the tax-man, thus leading to more capital-intensive and efficient businesses. Also, the earned money of consumers being put back in the consumers hands is always a good thing. [/QUOTE]

#41     Jan 26, 2009
  2. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

GM or auto sector has been in jeopardy since the 80's from overcapacity of autos like in an manufacturing sector.

[/QUOTE]

#42     Jan 26, 2009
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm...Should freedom of speech be removed from the constitution?? LOL

#43     Jan 26, 2009
  4. The tax cuts won't help with the recession; however, they will enable the U.S. economy to grow stronger and become ever more competitive.

#44     Jan 26, 2009

5. Not if its spent on goods made in China.

#45     Jan 27, 2009
  6. So true. He is competing to put together the worst aspects of stock_trad3r and Trader28 (cold/c-kid/jasonn/etc/) into one really annoying alias.

#46     Jan 27, 2009
  7. I didn't make myself clear in that post, but in my that was quoted in the post I responded to had both tax cuts for consumers and producers. A tax cut on producers would not have that general effect for not every industry has a global scale.

#47     Jan 27, 2009