Why not just reduce ALL taxes by 50%

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jjf, Jan 26, 2009.

1. jjf

jjf

Why bring the military into this discussion and why mention other states.

I only asked whether you thought gov was a better investor than the private sector and therefore should dole out the tax money rather than let the private sector control the investing.

I see that NASA is contracting out some of their development sector to private interests.
    Apparently they hold the opinion that individuals deliver a 'bigger bang for the creative buck' than gov.

#11     Jan 26, 2009
  2. jjf

jjf

Mods,

Remove this post please as it is too far from the intent of this thread.

thank you

#12     Jan 26, 2009
  3. poyayan

poyayan

2nd that.

#13     Jan 26, 2009

4. That would help everyone can’t do that. Congress needs to get there greedy hands on the money.

#14     Jan 26, 2009
  5. talknet

talknet

The post can be deleted but what about the truth/fact that, anytime now USA army will over-throw the government and gain 100% control over USA administration. Barak Obama & his team is too weak, incompetent and useless.

My message of "military takeover" has been received by my friends and contacts in USA army.

#15     Jan 26, 2009
  6. jjf

jjf

Fine, but post into a relevant thread, preferably your own.

#16     Jan 26, 2009
  7. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

if your are long and bullish and optimistic about the future you wish for peace not war.

no prosperity or economic growth if there is war. remember that.

#17     Jan 26, 2009
  8. jjf

jjf

But it was WW2 that produced the stimulus, not the new deal package.
    In fact the ND was saved from failure by WW2

Pres R was keen to enter the war before 1941 and it was not his undying love for the English that was his driving force.

History can be re-written, but it cannot be re-lived

#18     Jan 26, 2009
  9. jjf

jjf

It is interesting that on a trading site like ET there is next to no support to cut taxes.

You would think People who trade for a living would understand the power of the individual mind to create and grow wealth, not just for themselves but for other people as well.

Does this mean that ET is not populated by Traders.

#19     Jan 26, 2009
  10. Who are the biggest tax payers? They will receive the bulk of the tax cuts. The question then is what will they do with it?

Let us assume Exxon will be one of the big beneficiaries. What will it do with its big tax break? Will its actions stimulate the economy?

By the way it is by no means clear that WWII stimulus was the reason for the end of the Great Depression.

#20     Jan 26, 2009