why not fund the iraq war with iraq oil

Discussion in 'Politics' started by liulala, May 27, 2008.

1. Somewhat confused whether people here agreed with my statement and/or whether are hostile to my honesty. Sarcasm is easier to pick up in a conversation rather than in a written post...

Anyway, hopefully Homeland Security won't barge in because of my views. IMO, Homeland Security is just another form of the Gastapo and Secret Police that existed in the former Eastern-Germany bloc and Soviet Union. Obviously Homeland Security is not as ruthless with their actions, but the system is very much the same.

Big Brother is watching...

#11     May 27, 2008
  2. liulala

liulala

what if we don't want our tax dollar go to the war? vote democrates????

I just don't like democrates, their health care plan sounds like another war in iraq.

The entire country is just hopeless.

#12     May 27, 2008
  3. Okay... let me clarify...

In June/July/August of 2002 i watched Dick Cheney (Bush, RumDum, Rice, Wolfowiz, etc) make a formal address about Iraq and the War On 'Error...

I got up on my living room table and started screaming at the TV set... and in public against the start of a war with Iraq... knowing full well we were going into Iraq... and i have not stopped screaming since then...

75% of the USA was... Go Get Em... at that time in 2002.. Seas and Seas of Flags... everywhere... regardless of the fact it was a violation of the Geneva Convention on aggressive war and thus a War Crime to invade and also occupy Iraq... the majority of the US was all for it... nausea..

Now... only now... is the majority against this war - because we are losing not because it was wrong...

clear enuff...

edge...

#13     May 27, 2008
  4. We have no choice whether we want to pay taxes or not. The only thing you can actually do is leave the country, but you'll just end up paying taxes elsewhere (maybe more, i.e. western European countries).

We have to pay taxes.... The Income Tax is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and yet gov't has forced us to pay it anyway. The IRS should not exist because it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and yet it does.

The world is not fair. I'm a realist, so its every man for himself.

#14     May 27, 2008
  5. imc

imc

There will will be things going on behind the scenes in Iraq that the little people will never find out about and money/payments will just be a part of it... Allways has and allways will..

#15     May 27, 2008
  6. Move to Iraq. I'll bet your definition of hopeless changes.

#16     May 27, 2008
  7. LT701

LT701

the war was for Israel, not Oil

and Goldman is doing just fine with oil

PNAC was made up primarily with zionists, and filled out with military contractors and oil interests

coincindently, the only people who benedfitted from the war

whoda thunk?

(I wonder how many of PNAC member's children are serving in uniform? Bet not many)

#17     May 27, 2008
  8. If it had been a War on Error, then the error would have been corrected. No, what the Bush Administration engaged in was a War on Truth. By the time Bush and his team got up to speed, there remained hardly a single truth standing. And thus concluded another right wing victory.

#18     May 27, 2008
  9. Thanks for the quick response edge...

I agree that the war was completely unjust, but the neo-con Bush adminstration had a lot of momentum following 9/11 and normal citizens allowed the gov't to do whatever it pleased because they actually believed that Iraq was a threat and the entire WMD bs story...

I disagree with you about the thought that the most significant reason why people are against the war today because we are "losing". While I think this might have some influence, many individuals are ego-driven and want to win. The mission must be complete in their opinion, and their willing to support the surge and so forth.

That being said, I think the reason why people are against the war today is because they finally realized that the real reason we are in Iraq has nothing to do with fighting imaginery terrorists and doing it for national security reasons. Americans have somewhat woke up and realized that they lost a lot of civil liberties following 9/11 and allowed the president to make many irrational decisions. They realize that the War on Terror is not a war on terrorism, but rather a profiterring scheme. Most believe it is about oil, but thats not the point.

Another reason why people are against the war today is because the economy is collapsing. People don't want our budget deficit to increase for a war that is very questionable.

In sum, the fact that we are losing the war is certainly one reason support has declined. Still, I believe that the bigger reasons include the "people are realizing the real intentions of the war" arguement and because of the state of the economy.

#19     May 27, 2008
  10. LT701

LT701

i pretty much thought the same thing. i knew by the time the masturbation patriots (pro-war people with flag/eagle stickers on their hummers, who've never served a day of their life in the military) had their cheap chinese made flag/eagle stickers fade and peel off their hummers that the country would be in agony over what a mistake it was

#20     May 27, 2008