Why not break insider trades?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bungrider, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Yeah, the paper trail would be hell, but aside from that, it would be sweet to go back to Kenneth's, Dennis', Martha's, and other fraud execs' sells, and give the people/institutions who bought the stock from them the option of breaking that buy.

The execs lose all their profit, and the person on the other side of the trade gets the option to make a losing trade a nice short sale(if they sold the stock when it was still worth anything).

2. ElCubano

ElCubano

I dont think that would be possible......because it is not an error. It was not like the person buying the other side at the time got printed way outside the inside market. Besides the buyer had every intention of buying it at the moment; wether it came from Martha or another seller......

3. But if I was a really good scheister (read: LAWYER) I would argue that the people who bought the stock did so based on fraudulent information. Thus the contract between the buyer and seller (esp when the seller is the one who engineered the fraud) should be null and void...

Just my thoughts..

4. ElCubano

ElCubano

I like your thoughts......:D