Why No Tea Bag Parties When Bush Caused This Mess?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dsq, Apr 16, 2009.

1. You mean that "spokesman" for the GOP now turned reporter, Joe da Plumber?:D

#11     Apr 17, 2009
  2. Now I'm totally convinced that you don't TRADE for a living.

#12     Apr 17, 2009
  3. WTL

WTL

There were no tea party protests during the end of the bush presidency for a few reasons; only 1 of those is blind partisanship, and that is only on the part of a few.

A bigger reason is we were in the midst of a presidential election, and the "crisis" seemed to hit most americans out of nowhere. It took a little while to get bearings. You also didn't have a natural date sitting around for the protesters to rally around like April 15.

But I also want top address whether or not the teaparties were "grassroots" or astroturf.

Originally, and for many they were grassroots. The idea behind them is good. Protest the fed, bailouts, income tax and bank stupidity. Thats a legitimate political viewpoint held by millions of rational americans.

But sadly, the GOP and Fox News (and the rest of mainstream, partisan establishment) tried and in some cases successfully co-opted yet another movement.

Early on the 15th I recieved an email from Michael Steal promoting sending teabags to democrats in washington as a way to voice dissatisfaction - and even though I knew it was a viral email I replied and said "the GOP is very much complicit in what happened, I ought to be sending the tea to you".

I then went to the local teaparty and saw everything from gun rights groups, to pro-life speakers taking the stage to signs that called Obama the anti-Christ. And it occured to me that these people didnt even know what they were protesting. Some had an idea, but on the whole it became a cheap affair.

But you need to be careful throwing the idea around that this is merely political posturing, partisan hackery and party level planning. Yea there is a lot of that wrapped in a big ball of confusion, but somewhere in there exists some really ticked off americans and rightfully so.

#13     Apr 18, 2009
  4. dsq

dsq

fox and the gop are fomenting radical violent nuts and homegrown terrorism...looking to inspire the next tim mcveigh ?

look at the texas governor talking about seceding from the usa...this talk is straight out of white power militia groups.

Unreal.

#14     Apr 18, 2009
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

DSQ, why is this so hard to get through your thick fucking head.

This is not about the DOW. The Dow could be up or down a 5000 more fucking points and these protests would have happened.

Barak Obama could be Jesus Christ himself and if he was expanding government like President Bushoma is currently doing the vast majority still would have protested.

Do you not see that all Obama is doing in about 90% of the cases is continue the policies of Bush. I think you do, you've basically mentioned it. So why do you love the man so much, when all he has done is continued everything Bush was doing. President Bushoma has brougth no change to Washington what so ever, in fact it's the most "inside" Washington group that has ever been in the WH.

These protests are about the Federal Governments continued disregard of the Founding Documents and would have happened even if Bushoma was a white guy. It would have happened even if former President Bush was still in the White House.

You can nah and protest that assertation all you want, but the loudest and most vocal critics of President Bush when this shit all started where REPUBLICANS. In fact 90% of the votes against this Bullshit, even when BUSH was in the WhiteHouse, have come from Republicans.

Obama got into office as much on Republican anger as on Democratic, but many of those who voted for him are now seeing he is not the alternative. Its more of the same.

I can also almost gaurantee you that if you continue to ignore and mock a large segment of our population they will eventually turn violent, and you wont like the result. It would be a good time for dialog, not for childish games of "We won" and "mine is bigger then yours".

One last point. Notice how many police in riot gear had to be called out to the tea parties.

How likely would that be with a code pink protest of similar size? Yeah who's the crazy violent crackpot now?

Brandon

#15     Apr 18, 2009
  6. WTL

WTL

DSQ,

from the nature of your post, I feel very confident that you are the nutjob. You seem to be incapable of understanding that there is such a thing as legitimate dissent. That is extremism on your part. Not everyone wants to live in a country where the only rule of law is the mob.

Secession might be a pipe dream, but it is attractive because of the inability of the statists to understand where so many are coming from. I don't understand, given the disasterous presidency of GWB, how you guys can turn right around and put faith in another politician? Why you can't grasp that the problem just might be that we are reserving too many powers for the federal gov't and specifically the executive branch. I just want to step back from the madness, rededicate this country to checks and balances and separation of powers but every time I turn on the news I hear talk of BOLD NEW FEDERAL PROGRAMS to do X.

#16     Apr 18, 2009
  7. Why are you so damn worried about rednecks? Did one whoop up on you?

#17     Apr 18, 2009
  8. I have some pretty fond memories of all the liberal hacks protesting the RNC this past fall and the damage they caused to property and the attacks on people, one being and 80 year old.

Now compare that one protest to ALL of the tea parties across the whole nation on 4/15 and ask yourself who the haters and idiots are!?

#18     Apr 18, 2009
  9. Some people are naive enough to believe tea parties represent legitimate grievances.

Tea parties are 100% artificial created from scratch by GOP&FOX and composed of clueless idiots who just want to protest something. I think south park represented those people with the guy who constantly said "we don't take kindly to your kind here"

http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Skeeter

Average tea party goer

[​IMG]

#19     Apr 18, 2009
  10. Ishop - yes or no question, do you prefer higher taxes?

#20     Apr 18, 2009