Why no IB bb stocks...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by praetorian2, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Does anyone know why IB does not allow trading of BB stocks. I found a great stock that I really want a large chunk of, but I don't know how to buy it. Is there a way to buy it through IB?

2. tuna

tuna

6 months ago the answer i got was no Prae.You can do up to 300,000 for $12.95 over at mytrack.Ameritrade may be cheaper but they'll screw you if the stock starts moving fast

3. def

def Sponsor

i really don't know why.
    are they fully electronic?
    what are the exchange fees (if any)?

4. As far as I know, BB is NOT electronic at all. Actually, they still use two dixie cups and a long string.

5. I know that I can do it at datek/amtd, but I only have an account at ib. It surprises me that Ib has everything else.

6. Babak

Babak

OTC BB will be replaced (hopefully) by the end of 2003 by this:

http://www.bbxchange.com/

Which will be electronic (and similar to Nasdaq in many ways). Then I would guess that we could participate through IB.

7. tuna

tuna

Def I've never had to pay any exchange fees ,as for fully electronic or not i don't know but if you hit the bid or ask to the particular MM thats showing the fills are as quick as NYSE/Nas,usually just a matter of seconds.
    Perhaps traded through Nwii ??

keep us posted if IB changes Def

8. def

def Sponsor

I'll make it a point to find out and post here.

9. Def,

Can you also find out if there's a way to do it through TMBR like through a vwap or something?

10. def

def Sponsor

TMBR doesn't trade bboard stocks and thus we couldn't VWAP them (a unique feature about our VWAP is that we guarantee the price. we couldn't do this if we don't trade the same stock).

#10     Dec 30, 2002