Why No Gripes Against TradeStation,ect., Like IB?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by version77, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Is it because TradeStation ect., does not buzz in and out like IB?
    Maybe this is a case of "you get what you pay for?"

2. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

I've got both IB & TS accounts.
    For equities TS stinks. Very cumbersome plateform, order change is a nightmare, GTC orders don't work (are good for the day only). System gets bogged down and delayed, while IB never does. They go down in totality about the same as of late.

Speed seems to be the same. Short list is about the same (both very good). Commissions are about 25-30% more at TS when everything is added in for my type of trading than at IB.
    Daytrading buying power is a joke at TS...if you hold overnight and sell next day, your buying power is still locked up-might as well be trading cash 1x margin. IB frees up BP immediately.

Not real happy with TS....but would like to be. IB is the best, everyone on this board is there, but thats also why you hear more complaints when the go down like today.

3. Ebo

Ebo

TradeStation has had its Dog Days.
    It seems they fixed whatever major kinks it had in its infrastructure. I have not frozen since they enhanced their CME connection.

4. I could not be happier with TradeStation and now with the new "Matrix" order platform it is by far the most functional order entry platform I have ever used for equities.

PEACE and good-specul8tion

5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yup, I agree....you get what you pay for.
    I use the Matrix for futures and it is just great.
    Improved my performance 100%

6. YES! I love the new "matrix".

7. pspr

pspr

The Matrix??? And I thought that was just a movie!! :D

8. mr_minty

mr_minty

has anyone ever used the TS Matrix as well as X-trader? how do the 2 compare? Any thoughts?

9. mktman

mktman

Geez Mr NBBO:

If your that upset with TS by all means get out of there.
    If not then you must stay there for a reason.
    God only knows why.
    It couldnt be anything they have to offer.

Everyone here uses IB?
    Could it be that there are quite a few who use TS but dont gripe much BECAUSE it fits his/her needs prefectly.

Anyway, whatever works for the trader by all means stick with it.
    What works for one person may not work for the next.
    BUT often when trying to cut corners and save $$$ by going cheapo there is often a price to pay.

If I recall on another recent thread about IB downtime-(reliability) def said they were very concerned about it and working on it. Hope the techs are not on a long coffee break for you guys.

Very satisfied with TS as are many others.

mktman

10. Tea

Tea

Its not always true that you get what you pay for - thats why so many people shop at Wallmart. I have paid more in commissions for worse service & execution than with IB.

This is the first problem I have had with IB. Lets see how they handle it.

#10     Dec 3, 2003