Why no bible books between 450BC and 60AD?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by nitro, Apr 8, 2007.

1. So nitro thought we needed another God thread...

#51     Apr 9, 2007
  2. nitro

nitro

You mean there are others???? :eek:

nitro :D

#52     Apr 9, 2007
  3. nitro

nitro

Thanks, let me read it...

nitro

#53     Apr 9, 2007
  4. nitro

nitro

I figured it was something like that 87. It seems to me though, that throughout history, when mankind dedicates itself to religion instead of science, we get a sort of "dark ages" during that time. I thought that maybe that time period was a particularly creative one for human beings...

nitro

#54     Apr 9, 2007
  5. Nah, dark ages come when people dedicate themselves to politicians like Bush...

#55     Apr 9, 2007
  6. When is the next Bush thread coming?

Jesus:)

#56     Apr 9, 2007
  7. Jehad

Jehad

If God does exist, then how come his existence is the most argued story on earth? How come, a long the history of man, there are thousands of different religions on earth, different Gods, different existence theories?
    I was born as a muslim, truly believed in islam and breached it. However, my continues quest for the truth and my pledge to my self to be dare to question everything made me see what I believe is the truth: All religions, no exception, are a man invention. God does not exist: Why? Simply because we knew about God through religion. I now know that there is no purpose of life what so ever, when I die, I cease to exist forever. To someone, this is painful to admit. To me, it released a huge weight of my shoulder and I see life through different eyes.
    If the existence of god, any god, any religion, does work for you, then go for it. What ever makes you happy, then do it. Life is nothing but a delusion, so chose the one that works for you. But if your goal is the truth, then you should be dare to ask the right questions and accept the answer. Where is God?
    By the way, Jewdism, christianity and islam are one religion with different print version.

#57     Apr 9, 2007
  8. Mvic

Mvic

I have completely lost my faith and become an atheist but I have to say that your exhibition of Christianity is very rare in my experience and one of the best advocates of the faith. If this attitude were the basis of more Christian's faith the religion might have more credibility.

#58     Apr 9, 2007
  9. So ZZZ thought we needed another off-topic Bush bashing comment in an unrelated thread.

#59     Apr 9, 2007
  10. I appreciate that. After 25 years of being a CHURCHED person I walked out because they forgot the Love... Reminds me of the song Where is the love..... I decided that since the Bible didn't preach church andMan did, why hang out with the fake folks. Jesus left the synagogues and hit the streets...

The bible talked about obedience and Love. My family chose love and the stark reality is most CHURCHED folk are the NASTIEST people on the planet....

They are extremely judgemental, though the bible said dont judge.... We are only to judge the house of god, not others. So if I dont know you are a"christian" who am I to judge you, and even after that if I see you fall, the bible said RESTORE SUCH A ONE IN THE SPIRIT OF MEEKNESS. So again who am I to beat you up. WHat I beat up on is false doctrine. DOnt tell me god said something that is totally against his character....

I watch churched folk give their money away while there lights are getting turned off. WHAT CHURCH WOULD PUT their people out so you can drive a phat ride..... A THIEF!!!!!

But when you show the the bible never advocated that they get mad, Then I become a "defender" The bible said those who dont take care of their own are worse than infidels.....

They dont Love. They Take......

You win more flies with honey.... Love is the Key and most "christians" have forgetton about that...

I prefer love. It considers others and teaches one to empathize while giving them the wise counsel and help they need.

#60     Apr 9, 2007