Why no bible books between 450BC and 60AD?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by nitro, Apr 8, 2007.

1. jem

jem

Jzlucas

if you did believe in God, the devil and Jesus - would you be surprised by a misinformation campaign.

By the way I have compared the gospel accounts and I have seen them reconciled.

do you wish to take your best shots and see if i cant find a source that counters them pretty cleanly?

#31     Apr 9, 2007
  2. fhl

fhl

I just gave you the answer, and still you will not acknowledge it? Please tell us you agree that Nancy Pelosi never went to Syria because some stories said she went with aides, and some never discussed the aides, they simply discussed what she did on the trip. This simple analogy makes a mockery of the so called proof you provided, and I'm not going to waste my time doing research on other so called "facts"atheists dream up, seeing as how you refuse to acknowledge them, and then just dream up new "facts". It's a never ending farce.

#32     Apr 9, 2007
  3. Uhmm....that's because they were busy running for their lives and in hiding..

On the other hand, based on some bones we dig up, we are certain that we are this old, that big, this developed ect....nobody ever saw a dinosaur either yet they right many books about it

#33     Apr 9, 2007
  4. I never said there wasnt a God. The arguement is whether or not the Bible is the divinely inspired word of the Creator of the Universe.
    Quick lesson jem. We arent the center of the universe, snakes and donkey's don't talk, the Earth doesn't "stand still" for a day to wait for a battle to end.

RECAP:

1. Adam/ Eve - Borrowed story

2. Moses - Borrowed story

3. Noah - Borrowed story

4. Jesus - Borrowed story

#34     Apr 9, 2007
  5. nitro

nitro

This is also fascinating to me, although I think it is well known to Bible scholars. That is, what is the intellectual basis of the Bible stories? I think the consensus is that they are based on Greek "intellectuals" writings and discussions from that time. In other words, the Bible is a kind of Readers Digest of Greek "novella" stories, etc. I guess that would be of the New Testament. I have no idea what the intellectual heritage of the Old Testament is.

Don't rip me apart on this, I am just thinking out loud more than portraying that I know what I am talking about. It is more a question than an answer.

nitro

#35     Apr 9, 2007
  6. I sure would LOVE to believe that we crucified her... (where's the vinegar at?)
    I am not an atheist by the way. I was raised Christian and was most of my life until I educated myself a bit. I still believe in teaching the doctrine to children and young adults for the simple reason of "preventing anarchy"... which is what happens when people don't believe in repercussions for certain types of behavior.

#36     Apr 9, 2007
  7. jem

jem

Ironic that you were lecturing me about the self centeredness of our culture.

Where did I comment about whether you believe in God or not.

I was created a hypothetical.

I have no problem believing others would attempt to dilute the message of the bible with existence of pre existing similar myths or just the claim of preexisting similar myths.

The question for me is whether the the God of Abraham has kept the promises he made in the bible and whether Jesus keeps his.

#37     Apr 9, 2007
  8. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :) Think about the logistics of all that was said to have happened to me that night...all the shuffling around back and forth...all the alleged players involved and their motives. Ask yourself if all the leaders in the region were willing to stay up all night dealing with me.

jzlucas has already exposed some of the inconsistencies. I expose even more than he does, saying that the books were very highly embellished to conform with the motives of the writers moreso than the motives of the characters in the stories.

Even if you were to see the glass half empty and assign the writers the motive of deliberately obscuring my message, its clear to the reasonable mind that something of significance took place that would motivate such a massive coverup.

The question is: What seems to have happened, to whom, and why? You must be a modern-day Sherlock Holmes to read between the lines to get the big picture.

I merely re-present the big picture, the original message, unembellished. Only when you hold it side by side with the popular writings does it become apparent that the conventional wisdom does not make sense when held up to the light of truth.

Truth is consistent and wholistic. Reason can lead you to it, but ultimately it is not something you learn. Truth is something you recognize.

Just as the story of my crucifixion was highly embellished, so was the motive assigned to its purpose. It was a deep sense of guilt in the writers that caused them to misinterpret my teachings, including the crucifixion. My followers were as much followers of the Jewish thought system than they were of mine, which was nearly an opposite.

As such, they had difficulty divorcing the two thought systems from each other. Instead, they married truth with illusion, making the product an illusion. Christianity was a continuation of the old scripture in a new form. All you have to do is read Romans, Chapter 1, to see that the future Saint Paul was endorsing the thinking of Leviticus, Chapter 20 for political reasons - in order to try to appease the suspicious James and the Jerusalem sect.

Organized religion is politics. Look at how the Book of Revelation rips off the Book of Daniel. Christianity was the same old thing in a new package. It differed in the way it made the Son of God into a blood sacrifice to be worshipped.

My response is that if you want to be like me, I will help you, knowing that we are alike. If you want to be different, I will wait until you change your mind. I am the Son of God, as are you. I am like an elder brother, devoted to your restoration to your rightful heritage...just as I explained in the parable of the prodigal Son. I will not be doing this through organized religion.

I assure you, I do not call for martyrs, or those who wish to suffer longer. A guiltless mind cannot suffer. The body is deceptive. It actually does not feel anything. It is a mind that feels, pretending that it feels through a body. A guilty mind will find ways to punish itself through pain, pretending that it comes through a body, pretending that this just happens to it. But nothing just happens. It's all a set up. A mind that is certain of its innocence will simply not allow pain to punish itself.

Christianity says I was punished for you. This is a perception motivated by a guilty mind, hoping that some other body can feel the pain it thinks it deserves. This frame of mind seeks for scapegoats. Scapegoats are made socially acceptable by calling them fancy names, like, a "sacrifice".

As you can see, it is a deep sense of guilt that has twisted my message into an unrecognizable bloody mangled mess. It is this sense of guilt I release you from, when you choose to hear my voice and listen to my true teachings.

When you realize that it is this sense of guilt that gives rise to what you call the universe, you can see that it is going to be a bit of a task to undo it. But unless it is undone, you will not be saved. I tell you it is futile to hold on to such a false premise. But Christianity is hell-bent on retaining a sense of guilt and disposing of it their own way. I am telling you that way does not work. My way works.

Jesus

#38     Apr 9, 2007
  9. ...and thanks for not ripping me apart as well! Here's an excerpt from one of my Bible's here at home... MOST INTERESTING:

"Before the time of Abraham, accounts of how the heavens and earth were made, of a first man, and of a great flood circulated among the peoples of the Near East. As the early Hebrews (AUTHORS OF BIBLE) took these (ALREADY EXISTING) stories into their own tradition, they told them in terms of their belief in one God.

#39     Apr 9, 2007
  10. I hate to question your faith like this:

JEREMIAH 34 4-5: Hear the word of the Lord Zedekiah, thus says the LORD. You shall die in peace!

JEREMIAH 52 10-11 The King of Babylon slew the sons of Zedekiah before his eyes. He put out the eyes of Zedekiah, bound him in fetters, and put him in prison till the day of his death.

The answer to your question is NO.

#40     Apr 9, 2007