Why no bible books between 450BC and 60AD?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by nitro, Apr 8, 2007.

1. No. I don't remember. I wasn't here back then 2000 years ago. You were? LOL.

#21     Apr 8, 2007
  2. Persdawg

Persdawg

AD stands for anno domini....."year of our Lord"

#22     Apr 8, 2007
  3. I thought you of all people would get my sense of humour.
    Happy Easter!

#23     Apr 9, 2007
  4. If he had said Happy Astor would that have worked better for you. LOL.....

#24     Apr 9, 2007

5. Wrong guy pal.

#25     Apr 9, 2007
  6. jem

jem

How do you know it was not mentioned?
    I was just watching the history or discovery channel - they are starting to uncover evidence of the 40 years in the desert by the Isrealites.

Egypt is not letting the archaeologists dig any further. For years we heard there was no such event and no such leader named Moses. Perhaps it was because the Egyptians struck it from the history books.

--

How many books do you think we have from the time Jesus' walked the Earth? I read that everything on every subject from the time period would fit on a small bookshelf. Yet Jesus is mentioned by Josephus. And yes some scholars think the word referencing his divinity was added later. I have not read any credible source questioning the reference to jesus in its entirety. Especially since his followers are mentioned in other sections.

#26     Apr 9, 2007
  7. fhl

fhl

Read an article last week that talked about Nancy Pelosi going to Syria. It didn't say anything about anyone going with her, only about what she did on the trip. Another article said something about her aides that went with her. Nice to know that this means they all contradict each other, nothing but a bunch of lies, and I guess we don't really believe she went to Syria at all. Only a bunch of dimwits would actually believe she went to Syria with all of this contradictory evidence.

#27     Apr 9, 2007
  8. Pontius Pilate was just looking to make an example of somebody as a way of exerting authority during the passover. Mostly it was Romans making fun of me, not Jews, and not all that many either. Judas did not betray me with a kiss because it is not possible I could be betrayed. I did not suffer on the cross as has been imagined.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am.....are you serious? I view Pontius Pilate as the "fall Guy"...in fact I have questioned my priest why we say " He was crucified under Pontius pilate"??? While correct, he was the governor there, He tired three times to free him...he sent him to Herod...Pilate gets a bum rap in this IMO

#28     Apr 9, 2007
  9. ==============
    I do remember that:cool: Remember it very well.

Not that i was there in Israel at the time it was uttered,LOL ;
    but remember that hebrew written scripture,
    memorized it as a kid:cool:

:p

#29     Apr 9, 2007
  10. Christians base their whole religion on this event that Jesus rose from the dead. NOBODY who wrote about it was there... again how could they be when the differences in their stories are literally "night and day". These aren't minor details we're talking. Compare the four stories in detail... do your research, it will become clear.
    Do you realize how many 'virgin-born saviour gods' existed before Jesus? Many were persecuted at birth, performed silly miracles, died horrible deaths, spent 3 days in Hell then rose into Heaven/ Nirvana etc. SAME STORY, DIFFERENT NAMES.
    Same goes for the Moses and Noah stories. The Hebrews took ALREADY EXISTING stories and changed the names.

#30     Apr 9, 2007