Why no bible books between 450BC and 60AD?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by nitro, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Thank you. As I explained in the post above yours, these books are flawed. Is it surprising?

But this does not mean that the miracle flawfully described was not an event in history. There were many more witnesses to my visitations after the resurrection, and also my ascension. That fueled the spreading of the news as much as anything else I did.

Jesus

#11     Apr 8, 2007
  2. 1. You admit the resurrection story is flawed. Thank you Jesus.

2. This story was written several decades after the supposed event took place.

3. The authors of the books were not there to witness this event.

3. How can any rational thinking person not question it's validity?

If someone rose from the dead today, I think someone would mention it rather than wait 50 - 90 years after the fact to bring it up... no?

#12     Apr 8, 2007
  3. This is why. There are no "new testament" books between 450 BC because BC stands for "Before Christ". So they cant write a book about Jesus's life "Before" he was born.

And 60 AD stands for 60 years "after death". That was 60 years after Jesus died.

#13     Apr 8, 2007
  4. You are a strange puppy. You come on here saying that you don't beieve in the resurection and you don't believe in Jesus but then you wish everybody a Happy easter. I don't think you know what the hell you are talking about. Losers on this thread.

#14     Apr 8, 2007
  5. I have a theory-thats when the great flood actually occured, they got all the dates wrong. A significant gap in publication would account for that event perfectly, after wiping everything out and subsequent repopulation.

:)

#15     Apr 8, 2007
  6. There were earlier records. The earliest records conflict with what was eventually called Christianity. So those were not desirable for a canon that was selected around the time of Constantine, after a couple centuries of hearsay.

One such record is the gospel of Thomas - not to be confused with the Acts of Thomas. It was shunned as Christianity went its own way, sending mixed messages I never sent.

Though there were not many witnesses to my coming out of the tomb, I showed up on many occasions to chat with those who were concerned about me. And many were witness to one last miracle in which I defied gravity.

You can attribute at least 5% of the New Testament to fairly accurate quotations of mine that still have meaning. Still, the numbers of messengers that went out immediately after I ascended was enough to point to a catalyst that they took seriously, even though they did not really understand me.

Jesus

#16     Apr 8, 2007
  7. This saying goes to show that only a very few would understand me at that time, enough to experience the "life" I talked about.

Only a few would realize that the kingdom of God was within them. Seeing themselves as the kingdom, those sons of man would see the kingdom come.

The kingdom does not come as you assume. It comes silently, with vision. The vision comes when you identify with Christ, rather than as man. Christ is that aspect of yourself that never exchanged his created state for a self-image born of bodies that die.

Jesus

#17     Apr 8, 2007
  8. Remember, when he was "alive" he siad the kingdom of heaven is AT HAND. After his death, the KINGDOM IS HERE.

#18     Apr 8, 2007
  9. This portorican half white half black lesbian jew with a hairlip and afro walks into a male gay bar in Tijuana with an oversized huge picture of a Jesus on the wall surrounded with a purple velvet picture frame.....

LOL.:D

#19     Apr 8, 2007
  10. Yes exactly. I taught that the Kingdom of Heaven is present, if not presently in your awareness.

Here is how my apostle Thomas remembers me saying just this:

This is understandable only when you understand that the world you see is a collection of images in perception that you've selected to see relative to ideas about yourself...your made-up self-image. Perception is driven by what you think, mainly what you think about yourself.

When you perceive, you always look inward before you see outward. What you see outward reflects your ideas about yourself within... what you prefer to see instead of who you really are. When you "hide your light under a bushel" you are seeing out from a dense layer of obscuring thoughts within. So nothing you see is real. When you do not "hide" your light, you look upon a world with light from within. At that stage, you are seeing with the eyes of Christ. What he sees is not what eyeballs see.

When you look deeper within, past erroneous thoughts about yourself, you look out from the perspective of the Christ within. Such vision sees an entirely different world than eyeballs.

This is the "world" God gave His only begotten Son. It is still a world perceived. But when you are looking at it from the Kingdom within, you see the closest representation of Heaven that perception can offer.

This lasts only a little while, until such vision entices you to take the final step from perception back to knowledge...where you came from. After that, perception is forgotten.

While you perceive a Heaven on earth, you are in your natural state of timelessness...in the world, but not of the world. This is that elusive "state of grace", which is amazing.

Jesus

#20     Apr 8, 2007