Why most of the system metrics are useless numbers

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by traderum, Dec 19, 2009.

1. To danger66 and TraderZones:
    let me attest to you that you both don't understand anything of real trading.
    Even if someone would present you his strategy on a silver-bullet you wouldn't understand it. You lack math skills, probability skills etc.
    Here is a typical trading day of mine with my strategy applied (the CBY and PFE trades).
    Study it and maybe, although I doubt it, will you understand what is meant
    by "real trading", "applying strategical decisions" etc.

Trades:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2677482

Account result:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2677479

#11     Dec 19, 2009
  2. And you do? Real trading means trading with real funds. In all my years in this business, I haven't seen one trader with a similar style as yours, as far as risk management is concerned, survive. If I didn't know about trading, my institutional clients wouldn't pay me for what I do. Oh...could it be that they don't know anything about trading either? Oh my God! It might be true. No one in this world knows anything about trading except you. You have the secrets. Everyone else is deceived.

You're the only one that has taken the red pill. All of us have either chosen to take the blue pill or are ignorant of the existence of either pill and remain in the Matrix!

:)

#12     Dec 19, 2009
  3. This is old news, that thread is closed long ago.

Just tell me (and us all here) of what aliases and of which papertrading friends you talk.
    I'm not aware of any of them, so I would say you are throwing dirt here to discredit me. This tells a lot about yourself...

#13     Dec 19, 2009
  4. You are maybe a manager of some funds, but not a trader.
    If you could make money by trading then you would be a trader,
    but since you can't make money by trading you are a manager.
    It's so easy :)

Every career has a starting point. I'm in that stage right now. And I don't need to be ashamed because I trade in a Demo account.
    It's you who should be ashamed in your high position who try unfairly to discredit me in the public with such unfair arguments.

#14     Dec 19, 2009
  5. A manager can actually make a lot more money than a trader because he works with many traders. Please gain more experience before you embarrass yourself with your remarks again. A beginner should be humble and trying to learn from others; instead of telling everyone else that they're wrong and he's right.

#15     Dec 19, 2009
  6. I have many times been asked why I trade in a Demo account,
    here's an example from another thread, and my reasoning:

Some people don't know what an API is. API stands for "Application Programming Interface". It is an interface library to connect to the broker or to the exchange via a self-written program for submitting orders, getting tick and account data etc.

It is not a simple task, one must study the API very well and everything must be tested well. Learning the API, developing the application and testing the connection takes much time. It must be bullet-proof as errors can be very costly in such automatic program trading.

Another problem are the problems at the broker side: bugs at their side, and unreliable service (for example delivery of quotes suddenly stop, historic data worked fine yesterday, but today it stopped working etc. etc.).
    To overcome all these problems one is forced to make use of the service of another vendor (additionally to the first one), and that means another (different, propriatery) API to integrate...

To make a long story short: developing an automation takes much time.
    And I'm not willing to risk any money in that testing stage. The sales people of the broker try to convince me endlessly of opening an account, but hey
    they have their goals, and I have mine. I'm not silly to risk any money in an unfinished stage in an unreliable environment. And I think I'm not alone with this.

#16     Dec 19, 2009
  7. You just demonstrated your lack of math and logic skills.
    The profit is made by the traders, not by someone like you.

#17     Dec 19, 2009
  8. Are you retarded or fabricating your responses from arduous study of the "First Grader's Encyclopedia of Put-downs?"

#18     Dec 19, 2009
  9. No, your own arguments suffice to show all the people here who the retarded is.

#19     Dec 19, 2009
  10. "I'm th-th-the waterboy. Duh! I got a wooden spoon! Duh!"....Keep'em coming Mr. Martingale.

#20     Dec 19, 2009