Why Millionaries have residency on Monte Carlo?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Daal, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Besides the housing costs, it's not any different than anywhere else on the Riviera. The supermarket in town has reglar prices and some great wines that are dirt cheap. Remember, the services there have to also serve the population of Monégasques, many whom are not wealthy. I think to get the permanent residence card they want to see $300-400K.

#21     Aug 10, 2006
  2. Having too big a yacht is a nightmare in Monaco. You'll have serious problems maneuvering inside the port.
    :D

#22     Aug 10, 2006
  3. Mr B

Mr B

spent some time there as a younger man, it's cheaper than you think. you can get a 1 bedroom apartment there for prices similar to London.

most people don't live there the 183 days a year. they employ cleaners to switch the lights on and off and put the occasional pair of socks in the tumble dryer to give the appearance of being home.

but you do have to prove you can afford to live there for the rest of your life before they let you in so you would have to be a millionaire. there are residents and citizens, the citizens are the real high rollers, to be a citizen you must have gold and gucci where mere mortals have bodily hair.

#23     Aug 10, 2006
  4. I mean if you can't be a PLAYER there, why bother?

#24     Aug 10, 2006
  5. yeah, they tax your income after you've moved:D . i imagine they will require soem sort of secondary state tax return filing. a google search should show results.

#25     Aug 10, 2006
  6. Bull crap; already has one of the lowest crime rates in the world.

#26     Aug 10, 2006
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, that is not true. There is a distinction between an individual and an entity such as a corporation or trust. As an individual you will have a hard time sheltering your income, but as a trust or corporation, you have many choices.

#27     Aug 10, 2006
  8. ok. but I had a question on my IRS 1040 that troubled me. It asked an open ended question about my foreign hoildings...I did not have any, so I did not lie, but how do stockholders or officers deal with this?

I can look up the question if anybody wants me to.

#28     Aug 10, 2006