Why might a deep ITM call have a low implied volatility?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Alex the Great, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Oh Okay sorry I took it the wrong way. Well yes I'm trying to make Options my main trading Vehicle. So i'm actually paper trading options until I fully understand. I only need to really understand Volatility that's really it. Everything else I mastered already. Greeks , time decay , strategies, and etc....

#21     Feb 28, 2011
  2. You've "mastered" theta and all that's left is volatility? Volatility is everything.

#22     Mar 1, 2011
  3. Well you know read up on which i call "mastered" me noob. But anyway I bought me some Volatility books today bout to start reading them in about a few hours once the inside of my house noise kinda clear down so I can read :D.

#23     Mar 1, 2011
  4. surfer25

surfer25

Well, I hope you understand that paper trading results will usually be much more favorable than real world results. You would be best advised to start your real money trading very very small and make sure you get the best commissions available. If you lose in the beginning go back to paper trading. There would be nothing wrong with paper trading for six months or so while you digest the various concepts and see some situations unfold.

#24     Mar 1, 2011
  5. Yeah actually I have paper trading with my broker so actually I have to wake up and trade just like you guys. I have other investments too but I really want to get into options actually I have but still a few things I need to read like volatility and black scholes model.

#25     Mar 1, 2011
  6. You've mastered it but know nothing about the model. Please IM me and I will make some markets, as a favor to you.

#26     Mar 1, 2011
  7. Will do.

#27     Mar 1, 2011
  8. spindr0

spindr0

Can I assist? I'm quite good at painting the tape.

#28     Mar 1, 2011