Why Madoff didn't tried a passive strategy, like buy-and-hold, covered-calls, etc?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by crgarcia, Aug 3, 2009.

1. sjfan

sjfan

Was that your goal? I thought your posts were all conspiracy theories based purely on your own ignorance of the market (or reality, for that matter)

#21     Aug 6, 2009
  2. To be honest, one learns a lot on ET.

Maybe you learn more what you should NOT do?
    After all, it's preferable to learn from other people mistakes.

One also learns about interesting news and economic reports.

Using the search button one may find in-depth info on many topics.

#22     Aug 10, 2009
  3. sjfan

sjfan

Why do you always do this? Leave a thread you started only to return a few weeks later to post some fairly pointless reply? You've done this in at least several threads that you've started. Is it because you *have* to get your last word in? I'm curious.

#23     Aug 10, 2009
  4. I did this because I am a busy man.
    I don't have the time to surf ET every day.

My replies are never pointless (except perhaps for the humoristic ones)

#24     Aug 10, 2009
  5. If you're too busy, then don't start threads. You are engaging people for replies by starting threads and then aren't around to chat. It's kinda rude actually. Someone takes the time to answer your questions and you are "too busy" for them.

The only reason I bring it up is I am hard pressed to find 3 other people on ALL of ET who start more threads than you.

#25     Aug 10, 2009
  6. sjfan

sjfan

Yet not busy enough to start craptastic posts that only belie your own ignorance in the financial markets (not that I disagree with your core point that day trading is a loser's business. flame on).

#26     Aug 10, 2009
  7. Wasn't that exactly what he was doing until he got caught, namely ripping off from one guy to pay off another? How more passive, if not prudent, can you get than that? :D

#27     Aug 10, 2009
  8. JB3

JB3

Why buy T-bonds and actually placing trades when he could be buying a yacht/jet and sailing/flying to his Chateus around the world? Trading is for suckers. :eek: Madoff is beyond that, he thought he could sustain the Ponzi until he died...then he wouldn't have to worry about it. Too bad that damn recession got in the way. Even getting caught at 70 years old, he's had decades of indulgence and wealth on OPM.

#28     Aug 10, 2009
  9. Yeah, I've got to agree this is a pretty stupid thread. The whole premise of finance is trust, and Madoff will go straight to the depths of hell right to the bottom of Dante's Inferno next to Judas Iscariot.

Why didn't he? Gee, maybe because he was scamming people the whole time, and had to keep up appearances. His best out would have been claiming to have bought CDO's. But, hey, it's easy to lose money. One day you just overleverage yourself until you have no money left. That much is true.

Crgarcia has started many retarded threads, and he's not even relevant to anything I follow. Mindless posting doesn't get anywhere, especially posts so unsubstantial that they do not reflect even a professional command of market knowledge and finance. It's laughable to say he's the most important.

#29     Aug 10, 2009
  10. LOL.

#30     Aug 10, 2009