Why liberals should love the 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ghost of Cutten, Sep 6, 2010.

1. A very interesting and accurate article. I have never understood why liberals always tried to interpret the second amendment the way that they did. Often times they would say that it applies to the National Guard, even though the Supreme Court previously ruled that the National Guard was not the Militia.

In fact since the National Guard comes under the control of the president whenever he decides to nationalize it, it cannot serve as a check on an oppressive federal government. In order for the second amendment to serve as a check on a potentially oppressive federal government (which the founders feared), the second amendment would either allow private individuals to keep and bear arms, or it would allow the states to create their own independent Militias.

If the states were allowed to create their own Militias could they have their own infantry and armored forces? Could Texas establish its own air force? Could states like California and Florida have naval forces? It seems that because the liberal arguments regarding the 2nd amendment were just designed to justify eliminating private gun ownership, they were never really thought out. The 2nd amendment had to mean something and since it applied as a right against the powers of the federal govt...it would have to apply to the people as individuals or collectively at the state level.

In their decision, the Supreme court made what was clearly the most logical and reasonable conclusion, especially since there are already 300 million guns in the United States. At least 40 state constitutions recognize an individual right to bear arms, and many of them such as the one in my state of Michigan do not mention a militia. Most liberals would have been horrified if the Supreme court would have ruled that the 2nd amendment only applied to state Militias and in subsequent years many western and southern states began to actually create Militias.

2. Perhaps a better question is, Why are gun nuts at odds with the rest of the civilized world?

3. It's 2010, the people who advocate guns are the degenerates, ya know, the red state retards.

4. Eight

Eight

Jewish liberals are not against gun ownership. They know what happened after Hitler disarmed German individuals...

5. Eight

Eight

is there a contest somewhere for making the most obnoxious posts? Does this moron get paid by the word to try to get us to suspend reason?

6. I live in California (hardly a red state), and I've been a competitive shooter for over 20 years. I've shot with thousands of men and women at more tournaments than I can count, and at least 30% of my fellow competitors are liberal democrats. One of leading gun rights forums (www.calguns.net) has many members who are liberal democrats and who will be supporting the very liberal Jerry Brown for governor of California. Jerry Brown is himself a gun owner and gun rights advocate who has stated unequivocally that "Gun ownership is a fundamental right guaranteed by the Constitution."

7. When the 2nd amendment was written, the government was only using muskets so the people having muskets actually stood a chance of overthrowing the government if they got out of hand. Today the government has daisy cutters, JDAMs, apache longbows, and a host of other weapons that citizens have no access to. Kind of an unfair advantage nowadays, no matter how much unrestricted access you give the people to weapons.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

"When it comes to discussing the Second Amendment, liberals check rational thought at the door. They dismiss approximately 40% of American households that own one or more guns, and those who fight to protect the Second Amendment, as "gun nuts.""

Gayfly1 checklist:

1) Check rational thought at the door...Done

2)Dismiss gun owners as "gun nuts"...Done

3)Spew liberal bullshit like a robot...Done

4)Look ridiculous arguing over the US second amendment while residing in Canada... Done

(you may want to actually READ the article Gabby)http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/7/4/881431/-Why-liberals-should-love-the-Second-Amendment

On a more positive note I ran across a video of Gayfly and his buddies when he was in college. You go girl!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lt9iIe3LaRY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lt9iIe3LaRY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's right, and in several months it will be 2011 and you'll still be a dumb fuck shit for brains liberal moron.

#10     Sep 6, 2010