Why learning to trade from Jack is so difficult

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oddiduro, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Could be because... :p

[​IMG]

#41     Sep 28, 2006
  2. this is a retarded thread, successful traders don't have blogs, you've never heard of them, they don't sell systems, seminars or other snake oil. Ever hear of the trader in Texas who was on the other side of Amaranth? No? I didn't think so. See my point? :mad:

#42     Sep 28, 2006
  3. and that goes double for any nitwit you can't understand.

#43     Sep 28, 2006
  4. I'll tell you a quick story. After an unsucessful trading experience on the CBOT floor, I went to work for a woman who was hawking trading indicators, she had written a book, gave seminars, etc..., the whole ten yards. The reason she no longer worked in the hedging department of her former large employer was that she had "made too much money and made her bosses look bad." I sold this ridiculous software for six months before bailing out. She could not trade her way out of a wet paper bag yet retail futures traders beat a path to her door. Our relationship didn't end well, I moved on to better things (i think), she is still in business, roping in suckers.

#44     Sep 28, 2006
  5. I believe it's so difficult because Jack doesn't have anything that tests out to offer. So he claims backtesting doesn't work and uses obfuscation to keep his followers hanging on for more and from having enough clarity to test his "methods." But occasionally he slips up and gives enough details so a concept can be tested. For example:

Use the P,V Boolean relation to catch up with tomorrow's paper today!!! See attached document from http://sputnick5.www8.50megs.com/

Wow, very impressive! Base 2 (binary) scoring, Jokari windows, adobe llamingos publishing! So I analyzed buying the 0 to 7 turn (see diagram on last page) on 1000 stocks from 2000 to 2005 -- a total of 5000 stock-years. How did it do? See next post...

#45     Sep 28, 2006
  6. Buying the 0 to 7 turn of the "P,V Boolean relation" (which Jack claims is at the heart of TA) and exiting 5 days later* produced the attached equity curve when tested on 1000 stocks over five years. So much for having tomorrow's paper today!

* 5 days worked better than 1,2,3, or 4 days.

#46     Sep 28, 2006
  7. first rule of selling a trading a system, make it really "sophiticated."

#47     Sep 28, 2006
  8. oops, sophisticated. And then when nobody gets it, accuse them of having a "closed" mind, they must be dullards.

#48     Sep 28, 2006
  9. Tums

Tums

before you get to the answer of Why learning to trade from Jack is so difficult?

you have to ask yourself: Why learning to trade from Jack?

#49     Sep 28, 2006
  10. Because if it's simple to understand, it can't possibly be worth anything.

Look at the "Simple Profitable Method". Just about anybody could make money off of it, but it's too simple. There's no pain. Better to focus on something that's practically indecipherable.

OTOH, I don't live next door to any of the KAK, so . . .

#50     Sep 28, 2006