Why learning to trade from Jack is so difficult

Discussion in 'Trading' started by oddiduro, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Communication usually fails, except by accident.

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/wiio.html

This is an attempt to bring traders to the table for constructive dialog on how to better transmit and recieve ideas if it is possible.

Best Regards
    Oddi

2. This is one corrolary that specifically applies to traders.

2 If a message can be interpreted in several ways, it will be interpreted in a manner that maximizes the damage

This Murphyistic remark is a warning about the very real possibility that ambiguities will be resolved in just the way you did not mean. Notice that this does not mean the worst misunderstanding you can imagine; rather, something worse - an interpretation you could not have imagined when you formulated your message.

3. Are you saying today's weather is good, or bad?

4. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu

You thinking of something really complicated, like "V leads P"?

5. Who is Jack?

6. Hi oddi,

I believe that, by design, he reaches more than one audience concurrently.

In other words, Jack's comments are subject to context (use a dict and assorted other references... not to imagine your imagination and your intelligence). When I read his content, I probably read it, and apply it, differently then maybe anyone else.

-kt

7. Learning to trade from Jack is so difficult because he chooses to make it so. I think it is a glaring example of where selling the sizzle rather than the steak has gone awry. Unless "teaching" is just a cover for Jack's foray into mind S&M.

8. Hi Td,

In my opinion, a closed mind will never learn much of anything. Simply my opinion.

-kt

9. Good point. A closed mind will learn nothing and go nowhere. An overly "open" mind will have little selectivity and no focus, and go nowhere. All the more reason to choose your teacher wisely. Just my opinion.

10. Exactly Td. The key word being focus, which is pertinent (for the willing) in "deciphering" aspects of Jack's contributions and applying them to their own trading implementation. imo.

#10     Sep 27, 2006