why Kerry is going to lose

Discussion in 'Politics' started by darkhorse, May 23, 2004.

1. No, actually I'm very concerned. Things are working in Bush's favor for the near term, not the longer term. If everything goes to hell in December, that won't be any help for the democrats, and it's possible that Greenspan can keep the party going for another six months (if not longer) before things start to deteriorate. Economic shifts are like aircraft carriers; shock events aside, they are big and slow and take time to change course.

Who's dreaming? All I said was the odds are in Bush's favor, and they are.

If Iraq gets better and the economy gets hotter, Bush is a lock. If Iraq merely stabilizes and the economy treads water, Bush still has the edge because of the terrorist premium and the "finish what we started" mentality of many Americans.

Last but not least, Kerry has not been able to get ahead of Bush even with all the bad news that has hit the white house - a sign of serious disconnect. So again, it's an odds thing. Bush still has an overall edge from here, though only a modest one, based on potential trends for the next six months. What happens in 2005 is another question entirely.

That's a matter of opinion many would disagree on - some would see a democrat in the white house as an invitation for increased terrorist threats. A mongrel dog is more likely to attack a weak opponent than a strong one.

If I were a bookie I would still be giving Bush the spread right now, nothing to do w/ my political opinions.

#11     May 23, 2004

2. So well said.

#12     May 24, 2004
  3. Kerry's remark will resonate with his supporters, but it won't resignate with Bush's.

#13     May 24, 2004
  4. Just got this from a friend via email - it's being chain-mailed around apparently (based on the dozens deep list of forwardings embedded in the email) - looks like Kerry's ties to the "evil" wealthy and all the trappings and excesses of wealth he personally enjoys are going to be thrown up more and more as contrary to all his rhetoric - bad news is this election is going to be a queen of the pigs competition:

Who blames who for the failing economy?

I happened to look at the label of a jar of Heinz sandwich slice pickles.

Yep...."Made in Mexico" - Check some of your Heinz products.

Sen. John Kerry keeps talking about U.S. corporations leaving this country and setting up shop in foreign countries, taking thousands of jobs with them. He is right, because that has happened.

However, he is trying to blame it on George W. Bush. As far as I know, Bush has not moved one factory out of this country because he is not the owner of a single factory. That cannot be said about Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the Kerrys own 32 factories in Europe and 18 in Asia and the Pacific. In addition, their company, the Heinz Company, leases four factories in Europe and four in Asia. Also, they own 27 factories in North America, some of which are in Mexico and the Caribbean.

I wonder how many hundreds of American workers lost their jobs when these plants relocated to foreign countries. I also wonder if the workers in Mexico and Asia are paid the same wages and benefits as workers in the United States. Of course they're not.

However, Kerry demands that other companies that relocate should pay the same benefits they did in the U.S.

Why does he not demand this of the Heinz Company, since he is married to the owner? If Kerry is elected, will he and his wife close all those foreign factories and bring all those jobs back to America? Of course they won't. They're making millions off that cheap labor.

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

#14     May 24, 2004
  5. Max401 is a Kerry supporter? No, I don't think so!

(sorry Dark, couldn't resist:) ... good post though, as usual).

I have used Heinz products all over the world. Just as I have had Coca Cola all over the world. These are products that are produced and packaged for their markets (as are many others).
    ArchAngel, you should perhaps spend less time listening to Rush Limbaugh and more time trying to understand economics.

Try this link for starters:
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/heinz.asp

Rush (and/or anyone) can indeed make facts fit their political agenda at will. As long as the listeners hear what they want to believe, they will believe it. As long as they trust the source (and trusting Rush is like believing pro-wrestling is for real). You HAVE to be able to discern the difference between entertainment and reporting. Rush himself in all likelihood doesn't believe most of what he says. He is just too intelligent and well informed. But it is what earns him a living. Just like a pro-wrestler. Do you believe the Three Stooges really used pliers on each other's noses? Metal hammers on their heads? It is all entertainment. No better entertainment than politics. Something for everyone.

Peace,
    :)RS

#15     May 24, 2004
  6. Don't kid yourself, like any narcissistic pathological liar, he believes whatever he says is true, because he says it.

Rush lies and invents so much, he can't tell reality from fiction. Just like any outspoken RadCon.

#16     May 24, 2004
  7. im with darkhorse.. in fact, its my opinion that this will not be a close election.. hate does not inspire people.. and for all of the democratic hand wringing over the "damage" that Bush has done to the country, the economy is going well.. the US has eliminated most of Al Quida, the taliban and Saddam.. and Iraq has its first real chance for peace and prosperity in memory..

most people dont really know who John Kerry is.. almost no one (including Kerry it seems) has any clue what he stands for as it changes from day to day.. he acts like a rich snob with his butler in tow.. he treats people poorly that he percieves as being beneath him.. his family is full of loose cannons.. from Teresa complaining that she doesnt know how she ended up marrying an american to his daughter going topless to the cannes.. also, Kerry cant control his tongue as darkhorse pointed out.. he has taken so many sides of so many issues, on the record, that when the battle really begins he will be an easy mark for almost anything he says..

Kerry is riding the tide of Bush haters.. there just arent that many people out there that hate Bush enough that they will elect this incompetent, unstable, waffling, opportunist.. if John Edwards or Joe Lieberman had the democratic nomination, things might be different.. but Kerry is a political loser this time around..

Short Kerry

-qwik

#17     May 24, 2004
  8. Certainly you may be right. But it just seems so hard for me to believe that an intelligent guy can really let himself be THAT far off the mark on so many issues. I mean the facts are at his disposal, he has a staff of writers and researchers.

So while I can see your point regarding his psychological makeup letting him believe what he wants to, how is it possible for him to completely ignore so many facts? I find it hard to accept that he is just completely out of touch with reality. I also have to take into account how much money he makes saying what he does. A TON OF MONEY!!!

It seems that he has found the perfect audience. Those who would rather be told what to think than to actually have to make the effort to think for themselves. I can't help but think that he is in his way laughing at his audience. I mean "Dittoheads"? C'mon....

It all fits so nicely. So profitable. You really think that the guy is not after the money? And as a kicker...his very special double standard on drug use....if he believed what he says, how did he get in that pickle?

He would have put himself in prison, according to what he preached. So, do the rules apply only to others? Or does he indeed (as I think) not really particularly believe what he SELLS? For his words are indeed what he is selling. And selling very successfully.

Peace,
    :)RS

#18     May 24, 2004
  9. It's the middle roaders that count now, so displays of poor character still damage.... and if petty sniping "resonates" for Kerry's supporters, what does that say about the emotional maturity level of the democratic party?

#19     May 24, 2004

10. Sooo, vote for John Kerry, because at least he's not Rush Limbaugh?

Whichever side you're on, Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore cancel each other out.

Except Rush gets more credit because he's one guy with more influence than the entire Hollywood establishment.

By the way, has anyone listened to Air America? I hear they're inches away from bankruptcy. Supposed to be the new voice of the left, and the best they can come up with is tired Hitler comparisons and tasteless sound effects.

Why is it that liberals have such a lousy sense of humor?

#20     May 24, 2004