Why just there are NOT many female traders?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkts

pkts

Most women's emotional state changes every millisecond, most guys maybe hourly. Can you imagine trying to trade when how you were feeling about the trade changed ALL the time? Unless a woman is very emotional disciplined or self-aware, she has a disadvantage to most guys.

#31     Aug 4, 2008
  2. GGSAE

GGSAE

There are women entrepreneurs that accept risk (e.g. starting up a business), but I do agree with you that trading is not the same as selling a product/running a business because you have some idea of potential income/loss. Back to the example i gave above, the woman trader in my group probably questioned the head trader's income more than anyone else.

#32     Aug 4, 2008
  3. There will be more and more of us now that everything is shifting to electronically based trading.

#33     Aug 5, 2008
  4. Surdo

Surdo

Electronic trading is new?
    I strongly doubt a higher percentage of women are entering the business as a result of higher volume on the screen vs Pits/floor.

#34     Aug 5, 2008
  5. Well, I entered the business. If I was born a couple of decades earlier, I might not have.

A lot of the barriers to entry for women are knocked down by the internet trading and discount brokers. Now anyone can open an account with a few grand. You don't have to wait for some guy to show mercy on you and take a gamble on letting a girl onto the floor.

I think you'll have more and more women taking up trading. You won't even know it's a woman on the other side of the trade though.

#35     Aug 5, 2008
  6. Surdo

Surdo

I am more than happy to take anybody's money on the other side of my trade! Maybe we traded together today?

good trading,

el surdo

#36     Aug 5, 2008
  7. noparole

noparole

Damn,seems the best modern day electronic traders have to be submissive,patient and without ego.

Surely the only two groups of people this applies to are women and homosexuals.

No wonder I'm such a crap trader.

#37     Aug 5, 2008
  8. Trading requires absolute discipline and focus on your system and your screeen, trading your plan and defined edge as if it were a job and your keeping it depended on your doing so correctly.

If your a crap trader its probably because you're a fucking idiot, as your previous post shows conclusively.

#38     Aug 5, 2008
  9. noparole

noparole

Obviously touched a nerve about the homosexual comment

#39     Aug 6, 2008
  10. men are naturally more aggressive and competitive. Hell, look at sports............... A lot view the market as a sport. Its fun, brutal at times, good money for the pro players :), not many ever reach pro level, and the more money you make, the higher your score.

#40     Aug 6, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.