Why Joining a Prop Firm right now is a Huge Mistake

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bulllives, Dec 18, 2018.

1. 1)Prop Traders that made money this year are not trading for the remainder of they year
    2)Liquidity is drying up
    3) Funds are in cash
    4) False moves
    5) Why try to guess the trend now? it is probably headed downward into the next Recession in a couple of years.
    6) SEC and exchange fees will prob drop to help with liquidity, but why churn false moves.
    7) Momentum temporarily ended.

Anyone else would like to add?

2. I'd like to add that I Wish I could get my click back from this thread.

3. I got the way with words
    I got a way with rhyme
    I do believe that I'm inclined
    To look ahead and not behind

Hooter likes this.
  4. boom! your dead!

5. I would like to add-

This is one of the dumbest threads of the year.

6. Palindrome

Palindrome

This thread is like a fine wine, I think it has a chance of getting better over time?

I think we should keep it going...

tommcginnis likes this.
  7. Interesting, do you talk to a lot of prop traders? How many are in cash right now? Actually I have stopped trading about 3 weeks ago as my edge seems to be very weak in the current environment. It's disappointing that my system seems to have some indirect dependence on the bull market conditions even though I'm market neutral hedged. Looking for new edges..

8. SteveM

SteveM

This is the first coming recession that I can recall, where every single person correctly predicted it ahead of time.

9. REDP1800

REDP1800

there are no edges..anymore except your self and position size

10. My edges still exist, they just aren't strong enough to be profitable after fees in this environment. I've read about this sort of market regime change forcing traders to completely reinvent themselves to stay in the game, but this will be the first time it's happened to me if the old edges stay weak.

#10     Dec 20, 2018
    bulllives likes this.