Why Jesse Livermore never managed others' money?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by qll, Feb 23, 2007.

1. asap

asap

what bunch of lunatics might end up idolizing someone that killed himself just because it went broke and was too tired to move on?

someone that his highest achivement was making a lot of money out of inside information or mere gamble instincts?

how someone could became succesful by learning from this model?

you need to learn what ethics is about. this self indulging hedonistic approach to life wont take you anywhere, i assure you.

want a good model to follow?

try waren buffett. he beat the market during the last 50 years and now he is returning 90% of his fortune to social causes, such as poverty in africa.

what a difference from livermore.

it up to you.

each one choses his own path.

good luck.

#51     Feb 25, 2007
  2. And he drives the same car for the last 20 years. It is worth about 500.00 now. He won't buy a new one. He doesn't daytrade. He buys and holds. I agree, buy and hold is better if you can pick good ones to hold.

#52     Feb 25, 2007
  3. Sounds like Austin got your knickers in a twist Pekelo. That's one hot little button you've got there. :D

Nice to see that at least Austin can keep himself in control. I'm sure that everyone appreciates your religious insensitivity too.

#53     Feb 25, 2007
  4. <i>"After the 29 crash he was worth $100 million -- inflation adjusted over $1 billion."</i>

That would have been fun to short into, for sure. Fortunes were made in 1987, too.

<i>"I, on the other hand don't respect yours. In this thread you never dared to address my evidence or point, because you knew you were wrong. Please feel free to show us your evidence that Jesse made his fortune using inside info. I don't think you will..."</i>

<b>Pekelo, I apologize</b>. By your account, he was the greatest trader ever. Thank you for doing all the research & digging to present those facts, it's appreciated. All the market wizards accolades show his story helped them in some way or other. I assume his story has helped you be a consistently, methodically profitable trader as well.

Time for church... have a great weekend, and good trading to all next week!

#54     Feb 25, 2007
  5. <i>"Nice to see that at least Austin can keep himself in control."</i>

What's there to lose control about?

In my mind we're all just gathered around a table here, talking about our profession in particular, sometimes life in general. What I type is pretty much what I'd say in person to the group assembled. Some would laugh in agreement while others might come back with excellent points supporting the opposite view. One may bite my head off in retort, another might shake their head, get up and leave the table.

Later on the collective group would shuffle around, others would mix & mingle, different topics would get discussed, same process repeats in similar ways. Point, counter-point, change of opinion, same opinion still... everyone remains civil.

Isn't that how social gatherings = debates usually go when we're face to face? Why then do fun, healthy debates ever escalate to the savage personal attacks we too often see in here?

Makes no sense to me... it honestly doesn't.

#55     Feb 25, 2007
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Quickly followed by 2 posts in the next morning. :)

By the way, yes, I use Jesse's pivot points strategy, they are known today as double tops/bottoms.

#56     Feb 25, 2007
  7. Pekolo,

LOL..i re-read this thread this AM with my cup of coffee...How could austin NOT contribute..

what are we typing about anyways...

Lets all hold hands and sing kum ....by....aaa...

Jesse was a legend and thats why we are typing...thats the answer...

#57     Feb 25, 2007
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

...and another idiot enters the fracas...

Quote from asap:

what bunch of lunatics might end up idolizing someone that killed himself just because it went broke and was too tired to move on?

Among others, PTJ, Seykota, William O'Neil... :)

you need to learn what ethics is about.

Ethics my friend? You are seriously in the wrong business!

want a good model to follow?

Yes please, do tell.

try waren buffett.

This is EliteTRADER, not eliteinvestor....

I have a feeling you are Austin in disguise.... :)

#58     Feb 25, 2007
  9. Do you know where JL threads end up often?

Lets save this one fella's...

Remember.... this is an archive, where many come to read in the future...I do not think many peruse the history of the chat threads...

#59     Feb 25, 2007
  10. <i>"I have a feeling you are Austin in disguise.... "</i>

<b>Peke</b>, I only have one screen name here in this forum, and that won't ever change. Any moderator who sees more than one name coming from my IP address is free to call me a liar at any time.

If everyone who ever passed thru this forum only had one moniker, what would the total "members" cumulative tally be?

I myself have never seen more than 500 viewers max present in this entire forum, regardless of time or day. We'll have a far bigger crowd than that next month at the local gun show here.

Most of the regular, continual posting is done by fewer than 100 of the same people. ET is a rather small community, overall.

I've delved into three different threads concerning JL with essentially the same people, and all of them turned to slugfests. I'll never mention the name or comment on the topic in any way again... learned that lesson three times now. I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid (laugh).

After all this time, I now fully realize what an emotional cauldron the whole JL mystique is for some people. You won't see me treading on it again, rest assured.

On another note, I was following your emini ES thread with interest. Any updates on that?

Take great care

#60     Feb 25, 2007